Dec 1, 2014

Humble Bundle does Ponies!



I've known about this for a while now. For some reason, I didn't think to post it on OIM. No idea why. All right, so for those who don't know how Humble Bundle works, you can pay any amount of money that you want. You can be cheap and pay a penny, or you can show off your wealth and pay a hundred million dollars. Or anywhere in between. It doesn't matter.

Now, the "Humble" part is that this is for charity. Specifically, Hasbro Children's Fund. The "Bundle" part is that in exchange for your donation, you get a bundle of My Little Pony comics, by IDW Publishing.

You get to choose how your money gets allocated. You can give it all to IDW as thanks for writing the comics, you can give it all to Hasbro's Children's Fund as an act of kindness/generosity. Or you can give it all to the people who run Humble Bundle itself as thanks for making this offer available. Or you can split it up any way you choose. (Personally, I tend to go 60% for charity, 30% for publishers, and 10% as a tip for the Humble Bundle people.)

Now, what comics do I get for doing this?

Well, just for paying whatever you want, you get My Little Pony: Friends Forever #1-5 and My Little Pony: Micro Series #1-10.

But wait, there's more!

If your donation is more than the average donation (which, at the time of this writing, is $13.25, but that could change), then you also get My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #1-12 and My Little Pony: Friends Forever #6-10. There are also more comics that will be added to this category on Wednesday the 3rd. (So long as you paid above average at the time of your donation, though, you still get them even if that is no longer above average.) (Update! The extra comics that you get at this point are: My Little Pony Cover Gallery #1, My Little Pony Art Gallery, My Little Pony Annual 2013, My Little Pony Annual 2014, and My Little Pony: Animated Volume 3: The Return of Harmony)

But wait, there's more!

If you pay $15.00 or more, then you also get My Little Pony: Animated Volume 1: The Magic Begins, My Little Pony: Animated Volume 2: When Cutie Calls, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #13-23.

All comics that you get via this bundle will be DRM-free, so you can read them whenever you want, and they work on all devices, including iPad, Kindle, Nook, and Kobo.

Ordinarily, all of these comics put together would cost about $165 to purchase (Update! With the new stuff, it's now up to $195!),  but with the Humble Bundle, you can get it for just $15. If you've never read the comics, there has never been a better opportunity to do so, so check it out now!

1 comment: