Oct 20, 2014

It's finally happening, a My Little Pony Movie


.... in 3 years.  2017 is the date for the newly greenlit MLP movie.  So all you people who aren't satisfied with Equestria Girls, maybe now you can stop complaining.

"It is in discussion with studios to release the film “on the broadest possible number of screens,” said Stephen Davis, president of Hasbro Studios and global entertainment and licensing for Hasbro Inc. “We’ve very excited about the potential of that movie.”" Variety.com.

So that above statement leads me to believe that this is going to be an actual wide screen release, aka coming to every theater, which means that they're really going to pull out all the stops with this one.  

Let's talk release.  It's set to release in 2017, why do they need that much time?  Hopefully it'll be worth it and they'll use that time to just fill it with awesome.  OR!  This pit in my stomach is feeling like a premonition, but I'm calling it now, this is going to be turned into a 3D CGI movie.

The writer is Joe Ballarini who wrote Ice Age: Continental Drift.... which was a CGI movie! (Dun, dun, duuunnn!)

But at the end of the day, don't get me wrong, I'm hype as all get out... it's just that's a long, long time to wait.

(Update, horrifying realizations down in the comments.)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. It kinda makes me wonder "why now?". Then I realise that at that point, G4 will be seven years old. G3 lasted exactly seven years. So could this possibly be a G4 finale or a G5 premiere? worth noting is that the announcement does not use the phrase "Friendship Is Magic" at all, and I think every single G4-related thing has said that at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. You're making scary sense. I'd much rather it be the finale of G4 (as in go out with a bang) but a new generation is plausible. Plus is meshes with my CGI idea because new series means they could be going a different art style. And you're right at the always uses "Friendship Is Magic" line. I guess we just need to wait and see, I'm sure some more news will come out with the next few months.

      Delete