Jun 1, 2013

Transformers 4, new bots and new looks

Thanks to a certain OIM member, I've recently gotten into the wonderful world of Transformers comics.  I've always loved the Michael Bay Transformers movies, I don't care what the entire internet says, they're a freaking blast to watch. (Don't even start Drom, don't even start).  Anyway, some pics have been released as to some of the vehicle modes in T4.

Hound will be making his live action debut.  Purists will notice that he isn't a jeep but I don't particularity care. The IDW comics have been playing fast and loose with vehicle modes so I don't mind.

A mystery bot.  It could be a new bot entirely, but from the blue paint color and the fact that it's a sports car, it's been speculated that it could possibly be Blur.

Bumblebee sporting a vintage look.

And Optomus Prime's new look.  I personally don't care for it, but then again in Prime they go super radical change up, so again, it's not really that big a deal for me.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I don't mind Hound's new vehicle mode either. It's definitely too big, but I have to give it points for lookin' totally bada$$. XD ...I just hope that his robot mode doesn't look completely stupid.

    That (partially) blue spots car would be a perfect vehicle mode for Blurr, and I'm really hoping that's him. However, there are rumors floating around that it might actually be a certain "samurai" bot who was formerly a Decepticon... (You know who I'm talking about, Dusty.) And I really hope those rumors aren't true, because that would be a questionable make of car and a downright TERRIBLE paint job for him.

    As for Bumblebee, meh. He's probably going to be a Camaro for a long time to come, and I'm just going to have to deal with that. As long as he retains at least a small bit of yellow paint, I'm cool with it.

    Optimus Prime, on the other hand... My gawd what have they done?... I mean, I kinda like the big bot's new design in Prime: boxy and rugged. (Which, I have to say, is a look that Hound now has an uncanny resemblance to. I can't be the only one who's seeing that, right?) But this new thing... this rounded and chubby monstrosity with gigantic, pimped-out smokestacks? Who on Earth thought this was a good idea? Maybe they should just go all the way and give him spinning rims and a bunch of bling in robot mode, eh? =P

    ReplyDelete