Jun 2, 2013

RWBY "Yellow" Trailer

Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest.
White is cold and always yearning, burdened by a royal test.
Black the beast descends from shadows.
Yellow beauty burns gold.

Yesterday, Rooster Teeth released the fourth trailer for RWBY, and finally revealed the character behind the title's "Y"!
What's that you say? I forgot to post the "Black" trailer back when it came out in March?... Yes, yes I did... Oops... Oh well, I'm putting links to all four of the trailers at the bottom of this post anyway, heh.
Unlike the "Red" and "White" trailers, the "Black" and "Yellow" ones include voice acting... Unfortunately, in my opinion (and the opinions of many others), that voice acting seems a bit... off... Still, I imagine that most of us will get used to it sooner or later. It's just that it doesn't seem to mesh with the animation or music quite the way I expected it to. That said, I was certainly glad to see the "Yellow" trailer introduce some comedy. Having discovered Rooster Teeth (and Monty Oum's animations) through Red vs. Blue, I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel if RWBY was COMPLETELY serious.
Anyway, RWBY will be premiering at RTX 2013 in Austin, Texas (July 5-7), and will almost certainly be making its way onto the internet within a few hours after that. How well will this series succeed at being Rooster Teeth's next big thing? Only time will tell, but I have high hopes for it, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it for myself!

Now then, links to all of the trailers are posted below. I highly recommend watching the previous trailers (especially "Red") before checking out the new "Yellow" one, if you haven't already done so.

Click here to watch the "Red" trailer, featuring "Red like Roses" by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams.

Click here to watch the "White" trailer, featuring "Mirror Mirror" by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams.

Click here to watch the "Black" trailer, featuring "From Shadows" by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams.

Click here to watch the new "Yellow" trailer, featuring remixed versions of all three previous songs, and a new song that we don't yet know the title of.

1 comment: