Jun 2, 2013

GoldenSandslash15 - Official OIM Letter of Resignation

Hi guys, GSS here, with my final OIM Post.

I'm done here.

There, I said it. Okay, bye!

...

...

...

What do you mean I need to say more than that? Okay, fine.

So, as you may or may not be aware, I no longer choose to identify as a brony. And having said that, it means that I really have no purpose at a site dedicated primarily to MLPFiM.

I thought that maybe my "Looking Back and Moving On" series would help. This would look at episodes in hindsight, from a non-brony's perspective, which is a fresh stance that you may not be used to seeing. And it's something that I, as a non-brony, could contribute to an MLP site.

So I did the one, which you saw, and people (for the most part) liked it. So I continued. Right now, I'm about 20-30% through with my second one. And this is seriously the most boring thing that I have ever done. I don't want to do it. I just don't like the show.

Because of this, there is nothing that I can contribute to an MLP site. So if this site were only an MLP site, then I would leave. Thankfully, it is also used for general geeky/nerdy things, but with ponies as the primary focus.

Fair enough, I suppose, and I could stay just to contribute to that, but hopefully you see the problem here:

If I post frequently, then this ceases to be an MLP site, since I'd be posting about other things often enough.

If I post rarely, then my contribution to the site is minimal and you could live without me.

Regardless of which path you take, the result is the same: I don't belong here.

With that said, I am leaving you guys.

So long, OIM Members! It's been a blast.

(And now that that's done, if you want to know what I *really* thought of you, without holding anything back, look below the break. Though if you'd rather not know, that's fine.)





The Lord of Dust, though we may have had our disagreements in the past, I often looked up to you. You put a ton of dedication into what you do, you're a REALLY REALLY REALLY awesome filmmaker, and you even stuck with all of your commitments, something that I, as you can tell from this post, completely failed to do. I will always envy that quality in you.


Galvin Starlight, I'm afraid that I never got to know you very well during my time here at OIM, but I really wish I did. Just seeing you in all of Dusty's videos, you seem like a really cool guy, and I was really looking forward to communicating with you one of these days. Ah well, maybe sometime in the future.


Dromaeosaur25, you may not have realized it at the time, but you helped me more than anyone else on the OIM Team. Way back when we had our three-hour Skype conversation, a lot of my friends and family were starting to grow distant from me. You helped me just by being there, for giving me a friend. This is a debt that I truly can never repay. Additionally, you have the best TV Show interests ever! I think I'm gonna miss you the most, my friend.


Chameleon, I seriously looked long and hard to try and find a picture of your OC, and came up with nothing, so I hope you'll forgive me for using your BronyNet profile pic. :P

Anyways, you've made some very good posts here at OIM, and I will miss you too. I'm glad that we got to spend a little bit of time together, and I'm happy to introduce you to other sites out there in the pony community. Maybe one day, you'll be able to finally be able to safely "come out" about your pony obsession to people.

And as for those who aren't active anymore:

Eternocte, I really wish that I had gotten to know you better. I think we would have gotten along swimmingly, even though your name was always a bitch to spell.

Nick20Percent, sorry that you didn't last, man. But now that I'm leaving, if you're looking to regain a place here at OIM, my spot is available to you right now. If not, I wish you luck with any future endeavors.

GoldenSandslash15, you're a complete incompetent idiot and you need to go die in a fire. Nah, just kidding. I admit that I've had my ups and my downs here at the site, and whatever my future holds, one thing is certain: I'm glad that OIM was a part of my past. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Lastly, anyone who ever followed my posts or followed me personally throughout my exciting journey in the OIM world, thank you. I never would have ever dreamed that my voice would reach people around the world like this. I'm glad to have made your lives a little bit better.

Unless, of course, you work for Equestria Daily, in which case, you're a horrible person. Nah, just kidding. EQD does have its charm, just as any site does. OIM will always be the superior of the two in my eyes, but regardless of which way you swing on that debate, just the fact that you know about our little humble site is satisfying enough for me.

Take care, guys.

GoldenSandslash15, signing out, forever.

2 comments:

  1. While I can't say I agree with your views on posting, but if it's how you truly feel, then I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do. OIM isn't going to be the same without you, and I thank you for all you've done for us, and for not just up and disappearing without a word.

    And just because you're no longer a poster doesn't mean you have to disappear forever. Feel free to swing by from time to time and share your thoughts in the comments. Don't be a stranger now, ya here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then, it looks like Dusty already put words to my thoughts... We would have been fine with you only posting non-pony stuff, but we won't force you to stay if you don't want to. I'm also thankful for everything that you've done for OIM, and I'll miss you too. Of course, you'll always be welcome here, and it would be great if you dropped by every now and then to leave comments. And hey, I'll always be up for a Skype conversation, buddy!

    ReplyDelete