Jun 18, 2013

Comic Releases for 6/19

Yes, dear friends and followers, I did indeed make it back from TrotCon in one piece. I've just had a lot of work to do over the past couple days and I haven't had a chance to recover yet, heh...
Anyway, I'm a bit too tired to type out my thoughts on all of them right now, but there are a LOT of new comics coming out this week. And, of course, you can check out the summaries and previews below!

My Little Pony "Color Me" Treasury Edition #1
$9.99
Story by: Katie Cook; Art by: Andy Price
"A special oversized edition of the all-ages smash sensation! This collection includes the entire first issue of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in black and white, to best showcase Andy Price’s amazing inks! This treasury edition also contains all FORTY-EIGHT original covers created for the first four issues of My Little Pony! It’s a celebration of pony!"
Click here to check out a preview of this issue on comicbookresources.com
comiXology link: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

My Little Pony: Micro Series #5
$3.99
Story by: Ted Anderson; Art by: Ben Bates
"When the famous clown Ponyacci comes to Ponyville, Pinkie Pie learns a startling secret about him that could ruin his career! Determined to save the master of mirth, Pinkie Pie sets out to prove the value of laughter. The show must go on!"
Click here to check out a preview of this issue on comicbookresources.com
comiXology link: My Little Pony: Micro Series

The Transformers: Monstrosity Print Edition #1
$3.99
Story by: Chris Metzen & Flint Dille; Art by: Livio Ramondelli
"MEGATRON’S DESCENT! In the early days of the war on CYBERTRON, OPTIMUS PRIME puts everything on the line to unify the planet—but not everyone agrees that this new Prime should be in charge! Meanwhile, the fallen DECEPTION leader, MEGATRON, begins a journey that will change everything. Plus—what is the terrible secret of the DINOBOTS?"
Click here to check out a preview of this issue on comicbookresources.com
comiXology link: Transformers: Monstrosity

The Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #18
$3.99
Story by: James Roberts; Art by: Alex Milne & Brian Shearer
"“DON’T LET THEM TAKE SKIDS!” The crew of the Lost Light left CYBERTRON before they could hear those words—part of a message from the future warning of terror and catastrophe and a threat to the entire Cybertronian race. Can the AUTOBOTS do anything to stop the beginning of the end?"
SPOILERS > Click here to check out a preview of this issue on comicbookresources.com < SPOILERS
comiXology link: Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing

House of Gold & Bones #3
$3.99
Story by: Corey Taylor; Art by: Richard Clark
"An angry mob of zombielike men and women called the Numbers are inches away from capturing the Human. He must find his way to the location of the Conflagration—an event that he is inexplicably tied to—and come face to face with his past if he hopes to escape this twisted new reality!"
SPOILERS > Click here to check out a preview of this issue on darkhorse.com < SPOILERS
Dark Horse store link: House of Gold & Bones #3 (Remember that the Dark Horse store offers both digital and print versions. When making a purchase, make sure that you're clicking the version you want!)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah more MTMTE!

    I've got the last couple MLP comics download, I just can't work up the want to to read them.

    Haven't read Gold and Bones yet, though I will I will! But funnily enough I just found out that one of my favorite bands (My Chemical Romance) has a comic book series as well, The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.

    How is Monstrosity? I've thought about trying it but I haven't heard you say anything about it before so I'm not sure if I should bother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah! More MTMTE is always fun! ...Or depressing. ...Or both. Dang it, Roberts!

      Meh, I just haven't had time to read MLP #8 yet. I really should get to that ASAP. And on another note, yeah, I'm still really excited that we'll be getting more from Katie Cook and Andy Price starting with issue #9.

      Yeah, I think now would be a great time to check out the House of Gold & Bones comic. It started out a bit slow, but things are definitely heating up as it's working its way towards the finale that we'll be seeing in issue #4. Also, I highly recommend listening to some of the music from the House of Gold & Bones albums too, because it really expands on what's going on and enhances the overall experience.
      Now then... My Chemical Romance has a comic series too now!? (Even after they broke up? ...That really sucked.) I'll definitely have to check this out! ...And BTW, Gerard and Mikey helped out with an episode of "The Aquabats! Super Show!" that's going to be airing later this month. So if you needed another reason to check out The Aquabats, there it is. XD
      http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/my-chemical-romance-alums-aquabats-560018

      As for Monstrosity, I actually haven't seen much of it yet, but I wasn't too impressed by what I HAVE seen... It's a sequel series to Autocracy, and is made by the same writers and artist. So yeah, it's not all that surprising that the quality of the two series is similar. That said, they provide some nice expansion to the IDW canon, I just didn't find the actual execution all that interesting.

      Delete
    2. My Chemical Romance did what now!!!! (Does quick Google search) Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Oops, I thought you already knew about that... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. =/

      Delete