May 13, 2013

Equestria Girls Trailer


Well, either leap for joy or scream with fear - we have our first look at Equestria Girls!

(Dusty here, hijacking this post because there's some important stuff we can gleam from it.  One of the glimpsed characters looked a whole heaping gob like Sunset Shimmer, who you'll remember was a toy that had an insane backstory (she was Celestia's previous student) but she wasn't going to be in season 4 of MLP.  Well now I guess we might know why.  It looks like Sunset Shimmer after leaving Celestia went into this mirror world or she's the one that stole the elements or something like that.  I'm really hoping it's the "Sunset Shimmer is jealous because Celestia loved Twilight more because Twilight was more powerful" plot line I speculated a while back.

We see that there are Equestria Girl versions of some of the other ponies in Ponyville, Snips and Snails looking to have a prominent role.

From what I can tell it looks like all the voice actresses are the same, so thank ya Jesus because that was my BIGGEST concern.  I'm so uncontrollably happy that they didn't change up all the voices.

Also we see that the designs are now in fact the original Equestria Girl full human look and not the anthro ones they've been putting on all the promotional material!  WTF Hasbro, can't you decided which design you like already!

And finally, Hell to the yes, I'm pumped.)

GoldenSandslash15 hijacking this post again, because I found something REALLY amazing in here. It's a "blink and you miss it" thing, but...


Check out the image in that book. O_o

6 comments:

  1. Hm... I'm really not sure what to think of this. Just as before, I'm looking forward to actually seeing this, but my goodness there are a lot of things in this trailer that I have mixed feelings about... I'm really curious about "Sunset Shimmer", and yes, I'm also hoping for something along the lines of the plot that you speculated. I like that there are some other characters like Snips, Snails, and Vinyl Scratch showing up in this too. I'm also glad that this is using the same voice actresses from the show (though that was pretty much a given anyway). And I don't mind the "full human" look at all (thank goodness we won't have to look at those distracting face cutie marks for the duration of an entire film). ...But on the other hand, the whole thing somehow seems even weirder after watching it in motion... And who the hay is that yellow guy with the blue spiky hair!? He looks awfully fishy to me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gasp! Brad...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce-_RgVJmMU

      Delete
    2. Why? Why are we naming a character who is going to get a name when it comes out? This fandom confuses me.

      Delete
    3. Well, it makes sense. What are we going to call him when we're speculating about the movie? :P

      I don't think we'd be calling him "blue-haired pale person who happens to be Twilight's presumed love interest" cause that's a mouthful to say every time.

      Hell, by that logic, why did we bother to name Derpy Hooves, Lyra, Bon Bon, Colgate, Carrot Top, Doctor Whooves, Berry Punch, Octavia, and DJ P0n-3 before they were given official names?

      Delete
    4. "Twilight's love interest" isn't that hard to say, plus it won't screw up people when we get a real name. "Wait what, I though his name was Brad?"

      Well... to be honest, I've always thought getting so over hyped about non important background characters was kind of dumb. That's probably makes me a bad Brony, but I just never got super excited about the amazing characterization of Carrot Top as she walks across the street in the background.

      Delete