May 24, 2013

Destiny: The Law Of The Jungle


"As a Guardian of the City sets out on an epic, action-packed adventure to reclaim our Solar System, he recalls the moment when he was first taught the most important lesson of all -- The Law of the Jungle."

If you were to ask me what upcoming video game I'm most excited for right now, out of all the greatest lookin' things that we know of, I'd have to say "Destiny". The good folks at Bungie seem hesitant to use the term "MMO", but that's exactly what this game looks like, a first-person shooter cooperative and competitive multiplayer experience from some of the minds that brought us Halo. The only downside is that you'll probably need an internet connection even if you just want to play through the story by yourself... The game will NOT be tied to a subscription fee, and will be available on at least four consoles: the PlayStation 3, the PlayStation 4, the Xbox 360, and the newly-announced Xbox One.
Anyway, I'm ridiculously hyped for Destiny, and I'm really looking forward to getting more details at E3!

By the way, if you never saw Destiny's reveal trailer, you can click here to check that out. (I can't believe that none of us posted that when it first came out...)

3 comments:

  1. It looks interesting enough, but I'm not an MMO kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, Dusty, it's not just an MMO. It's a FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER MMO that'll have really similar gameplay to Halo! C'mon, dude, you know you'll wanna play this with me when you get Xbox Live. ;)

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I will want to play it, but it's my job to be pessimistic and cynical until then. ;)

      Delete