May 7, 2013

Comic Releases for 5/8?

Salutations, my little obsessers! ...We haven't been very active lately, have we? I apologize, but some of us have been pretty busy, and I haven't been able to find anything particularly interesting to post about...
And to make matters worse, I can't give you a proper "Comic Releases" post this week because I'm not sure if any comics (relating to My Little Pony or Transformers, that is) are actually coming out... Issue #91 of "Transformers: Regeneration One" was scheduled to hit shelves this week, but most of my sources are now saying that it's been pushed to next week. So yeah, I'm guessing that it won't be coming out tomorrow, and that we'll be getting it on the 15th instead. However, I have indeed decided to post all of the details on the new issue below, just in case.
On that note, I've also decided to make this post more than just information about an uncertain release... So, after you finish reading (or decide to ignore) the stuff about the new "Regeneration One", be sure to check after the break for something that's almost entirely unrelated!

Transformers: Regeneration One #91
$3.99
Story by: Simon Furman, Art by: Andrew Wildman
"THINGS FALL APART! The very fabric of the TRANSFORMERS’ universe begins to unravel, as huge and ancient cosmic forces take note of CYBERTRON’s (and the CYBERTRONIANS’) descent into chaos and anarchy. As HOT ROD struggles to hold things together, still reeling from his own game-changing wake-up call, competing destructive forces inch closer to a cataclysmic confrontation. The end begins here."
SPOILERS > Click here to check out a preview of this issue on seibertron.com < SPOILERS
comiXology link: Transformers: Regeneration One *new issue might, or might not, be out on May 8...*

And now for something completely different. (Well, it IS a comic book series, but it sure ain't My Little Pony or Transformers...)

As if I haven't already bombarded this site with enough of my personal obsessions, I'm bringing up another one now: I'm a pretty big fan of Stone Sour (and Slipknot even more so).
Of course, I'm sure that some of you have no idea what this "House of Gold & Bones" comic is about, or how it came to be... Ya see, Stone Sour's two most recent albums are called "House of Gold & Bones - Part 1" and "House of Gold & Bones – Part 2", both of which contain a story that ties into the music. (Part 1 comes with the first half of the story, and Part 2 comes with the second half.) And now... Corey Taylor (the lead vocalist for Stone Sour and Slipknot) has adapted that story into a four-issue comic book series!
Issue #1 actually released on April 17, but I was late to the party and didn't buy it until last week. But now that I HAVE read it, I can't wait to get my hands on the other three issues!

You can click here to check out a preview of the first issue, and you can click here to buy it (and pre-order the other issues, if you so choose). Unfortunately, Dark Horse doesn't distribute any of their comics through comiXology, so you'll have to use Dark Horse Digital if you want to purchase and read this series digitally.

At the rate it's going, "House of Gold & Bones" is looking like a pretty impressive multimedia endeavor, and Corey Taylor has even said that he's thinking about adapting the story into two movies! And honestly, it won't surprise me if they actually pull it off, especially considering that they've already made the tale's finale into the music video for "Do Me A Favor" (be warned: that video obviously contains spoilers).
Long story short, I really think that "House of Gold & Bones" is something to keep an eye on!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, well if you say it's good, I'll have to give it a read sometime... but right now you've got me neck deep in Transformers comics, so I'm a little busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for getting you into all of that robot madness, lol. But yeah, it might be better to wait until another issue or two of House of Gold and Bones is out anyway, considering that the first issue is more of an introduction and the real action hasn't started yet.

      Delete