Apr 1, 2013

"Tomodachi wa Mahō" OP, ED, and Episode 1!

As I'm sure some of you already know, it's April 2nd in Japan, and the first episode of MLP's Japanese dub just aired earlier today.
And thanks to Youtube user, mlpjapan, we already have some very high quality (full 1080p HD) videos of the opening and ending sequences to enjoy!
The opening, "Mirai Start" by Mimori Suzuko, can be found here. And the ending, "Kataomoi no Karaage" by HKT48, can be found here. Be sure to turn on the captions for an English translation!

After hearing it in higher quality, I must admit that I'm starting to like the opening quite a bit! The ending is pretty nice too, even though the lyrics are rather unfitting... (Hey, it certainly could've been worse.)

EDIT: The full episode is now embedded below!


My Little Pony ~Tomodachi wa Mahou~ Episode 1... by mlpjapan

2 comments:

  1. I noticed this with the Italian one as well. Is there a reason foreign openings just use clips from the series, but we get an opening that's it's own dedicated animation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't say that I know much about Italian cartoons, but I think the reason for that tendency in Japan is just that they usually have longer opening sequences than we do. Because of that, they have to find an easy way to give longer openings to any shows that they localize. And yeah, they tend to have original animation for the openings in THEIR OWN cartoons. They just don't usually do that for preexisting shows that they're simply dubbing.

      Delete