Mar 2, 2013

Transformers: Prime Good News and Bad News

 SPOILERS   SPOILERS   SPOILERS
SPOILERS   SPOILERS   SPOILERS

As you can see, we have a new trailer for Beast Hunters. And boy howdy it is EPIC. Just... WOW...

...Now then, about that "bad news"... There have been numerous "rumors" floating around for a while, but now it's confirmed: "Transformers Prime Ending with Season 3"
I... No, I... I need to finish saying what needs to be said before I continue with my own thoughts...
A new article from IGN states that "The third and final season will be comprised of 13 episodes, bringing the series to a total of 65 episodes by its conclusion." However, the article makes no mention of the upcoming Transformers: Prime TV movie. This lends credence to the idea that the previous statement of "16 episodes" has been scrapped in favor of using 13 episodes for the actual season and combining the other 3 episodes into the aforementioned movie. Additionally, the article doesn't tell us anything about what will be coming AFTER Transformers: Prime is over. All we know is that a "new iteration of the animated TV series" is set to come out in late 2014. That's a long ways off, but still, I have to wonder. Will the new series be a sequel to Prime? Or will it be something entirely new? ...Will it even be set in the Aligned continuity anymore?

Transformers: Prime is my favorite animated television program, no, my favorite television program, PERIOD... I'm probably crazy in saying this, but I can't remember ANY television program having ever impacted me the way Prime has. Its story, its characters... so many things about it have resonated with me on an emotional level that's nigh impossible to describe. And soon it'll be over... All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope that the next series will at least be in the same continuity... I apologize for being so glum, but this realization has hit me pretty hard...

2 comments:

  1. Aww man, I'm sorry to hear this. I know how much you liked this series. It'll be okay Drom, we'll be hear to help you through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dusty. I'm sure I'll get over this eventually (and I doubt that Hasbro will totally abandon the Aligned continuity just yet), but DANG this is difficult for me... Still really looking forward to Beast Hunters, at least.

      Delete