Mar 26, 2013

"Tomodachi wa Mahō" Footage


Embedded above is a promo reel for the upcoming Japanese dub of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, マイリトルポニー~トモダチは魔法~ (Mai Ritoru Ponī ~Tomodachi wa Mahō~).
Not only does it show off some of the new voice acting for Pinkie and Twilight, it also shows a bit of the opening sequence! (It comes in at about 0:33 and uses the song “Mirai Start” by Mimori Suzuko.)
Personally, I dig it, but I don't think it quite lives up to the awesome opening that Italy got. I'll have to get back to you guys once we can listen to the song in its entirety... and in higher quality.

Remember, bronies, "Tomodachi wa Mahō" will be coming to Japanese televisions on April 2nd!

2 comments:

  1. Ehh, it just seems weird them having voices other than the ones I've come to expect, sort of like walking in your your parents having sex I suppose... just not right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just gonna go ahead and ignore your very strange, and totally uncalled for, analogy... Lol. While I get where you're coming from, I actually really like what I've heard of the Japanese voices so far. Sure, they don't quite sound like the original characters, but I never expected them to. I think that capturing the FEEL of the characters should be what counts, and I think they did that pretty well. Genki Pie FTW!

      Delete