Mar 6, 2013

Nostalgia Critic mentions MLPFiM



Yeah, I'm a huge ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com fan, particularly of the Nostalgia Critic, but it took me a while to realize "Derp, I should post this on OIM."

If you're not familiar with the Nostalgia Critic, he takes on bad movies and "reviews" them. But these reviews are a lot like my comic books in that he doesn't really review the material, he just makes jokes. And whereas my reviews sort of had this ongoing storyline (still haven't made up my mind what I'm gonna do about that btw), his reviews are self-contained. There will be a story, but it's like My Little Pony: the story just lasts the one episode, and the occasional two-parter. Of course, like ponies, there are continuity points that you can get more out of if you watched the whole series.

Anyways, he's mentioned My Little Pony (usually previous generations) before, but often as throw-away jokes. This review, Son of the Mask, had a storyline (kinda) about G4 ponies though, so yay.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I know EQD (as they did with the AskThatGuy episode) will include this in their nightly roundup and am trying to beat them to it. Yep.

Posted before Equestria Daily.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of this guy but I've never actually got around to watching anything by him... guess I should fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nostalgia Critic is great. I've seen quite a few of his videos, though I have to admit I'm pretty behind on them...

    ReplyDelete