Mar 4, 2013

My Little Pony Treasury Edition

So, you know how the MLP comics have about a million different cover variations?  Well for those of you who want to "catch 'em all" your half way in luck.  IDW announced the "Treasury Edition" which will have all 48 variations for the Return of Chrysalis.  Now here's the catch, they're all going to be in black and white.  Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were trying to collect all of these covers, wouldn't you want them to at least be in color?  This seems pointless to me, but hey, maybe your so desperate to complete your collection that color isn't a deal breaker for you.

1 comment:

  1. On the other hoof, it makes the rare covers that are colored to still be valuable. If they were readily available, then the monetary value for these comics goes down.

    I mean, take my first comic for instance. It's the Ghost Variant, which is only sold in two stores nationwide, so it will sell for a lot of money. If IDW had the "Treasury Edition" in color, then the Ghost Variant becomes much easier to obtain, and so my comic won't sell for as much. But the fact that it's both a rare cover and in color (not to mention the fact that it's signed by Katie Cook and Andy Price) means that it will fetch a hefty price when and if I choose to sell it.

    ReplyDelete