Mar 19, 2013

MLP Micro Series #2 and MTMTE #15

The MUCH happier of the two images I could have gone with...
I've decided that it might be better to start posting about comics on the night BEFORE they come out... As such, um, here ya go. =P

Issue #2 of IDW's "My Little Pony: Micro Series" comes out tomorrow, and is shining the spotlight on Rainbow Dash (best pony) this time.
Click here to check out a preview of this comic from lethalfarce.com
comiXology link: My Little Pony: Micro Series *new issue will be out on March 20*

Also coming out tomorrow, issue #15 of "The Transformers: More than Meets the Eye" promises to be a total MASSACRE. (Even the preview is sickening...) Heck, James Roberts was originally going to call this issue "Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?" (after the song by Lloyd Cole and the Commotions), but eventually decided that "it was too meta (and it would have made me sound very presumptuous and you'd have wanted to pelt me with bricks)." Okay then...
...WAIT! Before you check out the preview for MTMTE #15, be warned that it contains MAJOR spoilers... and is also violent and soul-crushingly depressing... Now then, if you're still up for it... Click here to check out a preview of this comic from seibertron.com
comiXology link: Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing *new issue will be out on March 20*

On a related note, IDW's "Transformers: Fall of Cybertron" comic is finally getting a physical release tomorrow. For those who don't know, yes, it was originally a "digital exclusive series". The new collection will cost $7.99, will have a cardstock cover, and will contain all six chapters.
For those of you who would rather go for the digital version, and haven't already done so...
comiXology link: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

3 comments:

  1. Ehh, I'm not sure if I want to get any more of this micro series. After the less than stellar Twilight issue and the preview for this one didn't wow me, I think I'll probably just stick with the main comic.

    Dang it Drom, stop making MTMTE sound so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be inclined to agree with your take on the Micro Series... but then I actually read issue #2. Keep in mind that this spotlight series doesn't stick to the same writer and artist for each issue. I mean, the new issue doesn't show much improvement in the art, but I actually liked the writing quite a bit better. The dialogue is amusing, the jokes are fitting, and the villains are great! (Seriously, those gremlins need to show up in the actual cartoon.) Of course, while better than the Twilight issue, this still didn't feel like it lived up to the main series... The upcoming Rarity issue, however, is actually being handled by Katie Cook and Andy Price! If any of these are going to be closer to the quality of the main series, it'll be that one.

      Oh yes, MTMTE is VERY interesting indeed. I wasn't joking when I said it was "my favorite comic book series that I've EVER read". So many beautifully written characters... and then a couple get killed off and it hits you HARD. Luckily(?) though, most of the characters that get killed on a more regular basis seldom last long enough for you to get too attached to them...
      On another note, looks like my choice of image for the "Okay then..." couldn't have been more perfect:
      http://media.tumblr.com/0621bd91bfd34a11a7b6c29ac0f5fc3b/tumblr_inline_mjza8jNDBA1qz4rgp.png
      It'll be okay, Chromedome. It'll be okay...

      Delete
    2. Hmm, maybe if the preview for the Rarity issue wows me I'll give it a shot.

      Delete