Mar 8, 2013

GoldenSandslash Reviews - What the hell is going on?

All right, guys. I've made a choice.

I filmed myself talking about it, and well, ended up hitting a button and deleting all of the footage.

EPIC FAIL

Yeah... not in the mood to film it again, so here it is written out, as best as I can remember it:

My review series is done. I just don't want to make videos, and I never have. Quitting without finishing may seem like a bad thing, but I view it more along the lines of quitting smoking or something, a good thing.

Think about it. The average human only lives to be 85 years old. The amount of time I have on this planet is limited, and I don't want to waste any of it on something that I didn't want to do, such as a video series.

Yeah, this is probably the fifth or sixth video series that I've cancelled (some of them before I even upload them), but I realize that I just am not cut out to be a filmmaker. I enjoy watching Internet web series, so I thought that I could make one. I could not have been more stupid.

But there is something else you should know.

I spent three hours last night writing a fanfic. Yeah. If I can channel my energies into something like that, but not a video, then perhaps this is what I am meant to do - writing. (Incidentally, they aren't pony fanfics, but if you follow a YouTube channel called "Marriland" and watch his "Wedlocke" series, you can see my fanfics for it at goldensandslash15.deviantart.com, but be warned that my fanfics will make absolutely no sense unless you've seen the entirety of the source material at the time of their writing ("Make Love, Not War" takes place after Part 42, while "A Mind Ahead Of Its Time" takes place after Part 54.).)

But I digress.

And while you may have enjoyed the videos, they were immensely time-consuming and I didn't enjoy them. So I really see no reason to continue. Plus I'll be going back to school and will have even less time to work on them than before.

But I'm not done with the reviews. I still have the footage of the Micro-Series review, and I intend to film the review of the fourth comic, so if I ever want to get back into it (or gain a friend who really likes making videos and can help me with it), I'll be easily able to. And if you still want me to do text-based reviews, then I will.

I'm also not above doing fanfics for MLP, and have even attempted a few in the past, so I might give that another go.

But my YouTube channel is closed, barring something major happening necessitating a video. And possibly a Let's Play of Pokémon X & Y in October, but that's unlikely.

One thing that I have been wanting to do for a while, although not OIM-related, is Liveblogging. For those who don't know, TV Tropes has a section of their site for these things. You basically take a work, be it a Internet show, a TV show, a movie, a book, a video game, or whatever, and experience it (whether that means reading it, watching it, playing it, or whatever). Then you write about it as you do it. It sounds fun, and I may give it a shot (possibly even for MLP).

And, of course, I'll still be making posts on Obsession Is Magic. See you guys in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment