Sweet Primus there's a lot of new Transformers goodies to talk about!
In addition to the above trailer, Hasbro has put out a press release that reveals quite a bit of new information regarding Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters. (For those who don't already know, Beast Hunters is the title that's been given to season 3 of Transformers: Prime. It will premier this Spring, will contain 16 new episodes, and is accompanied by a new line of toys.) Some of the especially juicy tidbits in the new press release include: an upcoming Beast Hunters comic from IDW, a "Predacons Rising" DVD launching in October, and even a TV movie event airing later in the year on The Hub! That's right, it looks like My Little Pony isn't the only Hub program that's getting the movie treatment! I, for one, am EXTREMELY excited by this news.
On another note, if you'd like to check out the new Transformers figures from Toy Fair 2013, a full gallery of official images can be seen on seibertron.com.
Figures based on the IDW comics, triple-changers, the voyager Prime Shockwave... *drools*
Anyway, check after the break to read the aforementioned Beast Hunters press release in full!
February 12, 2013
Hasbro Unleashes TRANSFORMERS "BEAST HUNTERS"
The TRANSFORMERS Franchise Unveils New Brand Expression Across Expansive Range of Entertainment ExperiencesNEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- In 2013 Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) heralds a new era for its globally popular TRANSFORMERS brand with the introduction of BEAST HUNTERS, an expansive multi-platform brand experience. The new evolution in the TRANSFORMERS franchise launches at the 110th American International Toy Fair in New York City where new entertainment, digital entertainment experiences, action figures and more will be showcased.
Hasbro launches the TRANSFORMERS BEAST HUNTERS multiplatform brand experience at the 110th American International Toy Fair. The new dragon-like PREDAKING character seen here is featured in the upcoming season of the TRANSFORMERS PRIME animated series produced by Hasbro Studios. (Photo: Business Wire)
"BEAST HUNTERS invigorates the trendsetting TRANSFORMERS brand with a compelling new enemy for the AUTOBOTS in the PREDACON faction featuring incredible new beast-themed characters like PREDAKING," said John Frascotti, Chief Marketing Officer, Hasbro. "BEAST HUNTERS will be a major focus introducing innovative new entertainment and branded play experiences, delivering an exciting new era for millions of TRANSFORMERS fans around the world."
Hasbro will deliver the BEAST HUNTERS experience across the TRANSFORMERS franchise in the following ways:
- Entertainment: Kids and fans can look forward to a beast filled season of "Transformers Prime" BEAST HUNTERS as well as exclusive content in the "Predacons Rising" DVD launching in October and a TV movie event airing later in the year on The Hub.
- Online Story & Character Experiences: Witness the inception of the PREDACON faction and explore a mysterious incident in DECEPTICON SHOCKWAVE's laboratory on www.TRANSFORMERS.com. The complete BEAST HUNTERS takeover of the website will also feature insightful character biographies and a host of digital shorts for kids to learn all about the new PREDACON characters.
- Digital Entertainment and Gaming: The TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS mobile trading card game from DeNA, currently available for free on AndroidTM platforms and coming soon for iOS, will introduce new PREDACON character cards.
- Licensed Merchandise: Kids and fans will be able to express their TRANSFORMERS BEAST HUNTERS style with a variety of licensed apparel and more.
- Publishing: IDW Publishing will introduce a series of TRANSFORMERS comic books featuring BEAST HUNTERS characters and stories.
- Innovative Toys and Action Figures: Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS product line will be based on the BEAST HUNTERS story and will feature many of the PREDACON characters as well as new designs for favorite characters including OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE and more. Kids will have the opportunity to play out the new BEAST HUNTERS story across the TRANSFORMERS PRIME action figure line, BOT SHOTS battling figures, KRE-O TRANSFORMERS building sets and new CONSTRUCT-BOTS customizable action figures. Each TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT- BOTS figure includes a robot frame and lots of armor, weapons and accessory parts to let kids build and customize and build their dream TRANSFORMERS robot action figure. To enhance the TRANSFORMERS play experience, each CONSTRUCT- BOTS figure can quickly convert from robot to vehicle and back without taking it apart. All parts are interchangeable between all TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT- BOTS figures, so there's almost no limit to what kids can create.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company dedicated to fulfilling the fundamental need for play for children and families through creative expression of the Company's world class brand portfolio, including TRANSFORMERS, MONOPOLY, PLAY-DOH, MY LITTLE PONY, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, NERF, LITTLEST PET SHOP and G.I. JOE. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative play and entertainment experiences, in a variety of forms and formats, anytime and anywhere. The Company's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for more than 170 markets around the world, and for the U.S. on The Hub TV Network, part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at www.hasbro.com.