Jan 7, 2013

Derpy Ate the Precious Thing (Followed by More Touhou Madness)


MOAR TOUHOU!
Like "Rainbow Dash Stole the 20% Cooler Thing" (which was posted back in May 2012), this video is based on "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing" by IOSYS.
Now, "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing" ships Alice and Marisa, so does that mean that this video is shipping Derpy with Rainbow Dash?...


Ya know, this post gives me a perfect excuse to post more Touhou-related randomness, and I'm gonna run with it!
Last month, IOSYS released a new album called ">TOHO EDM<". Unsurprisingly, the tracks in this album are inspired by Touhou songs, but there's something different here... The album also draws influence from specific tracks by Western musicians, including Daft Punk, deadmau5, and Skrillex!

You can check out samples from all eleven tracks >here<.
If you think you know your wubs, try to guess the original Western artist or song from each track, then come back and leave a comment here! (Be warned, I've yet to see anyone figure out track #4 or #11.) And remember, looking at the comments on Youtube is cheating!

2 comments:

  1. I'm musically dead inside, so I'm not even going to try.

    Touhou... I knew we hadn't seen the last of it on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm writing my comment here before I look at the Youtube comments and see just how wrong I am:

    1. Deadmau5
    2. I want to say Pitbull, but all I could think of was Space Jam XD
    3. Skrillex
    4. no clue, lol. Let me take a *stab* at it and say Insane Clown Posse
    5. LMFAO
    6. you know what, I give up

    ReplyDelete