Dec 15, 2012

GaugeN Hall of Pony

Our latest Hall of Pony interview is a very special one. Why? Because it's an an interview with DJ GaugeN! A man of many talents, GaugeN is probably best known for his awesome music, but he also creates amazing visual art under the name "Sakaki709". Plus, he's the man who created our newest affiliate website, The Pet Shop Insider! Dubstep or drawings, ponies or pets, he's got something for darn near everyone!
So, check after the break to read the interview and listen to some great beats. Then be sure to check out GaugeN's Youtube and deviantART. And if you haven't already done so, head on over to The Pet Shop Insider and check them out too!

1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?

About two weeks before season 2 aired. Beleive it or not, it was a fic that brought me to watch the show, a fic called (please don't shoot me) "CUPCAKES"!


2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?

Twilight, I really do love her personality! She can go from a level-headed pony to a pony that's obsessed with just about anything! Her design is cute too!


3.Who is your favorite background character (this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?

Definitely the Lunar Guards! Their designs are just awesome!


4.Who would you follow, Celestia or Luna?

Probably Celestia, seeing as how we've never seen how Luna would govern a country.


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?

It's something good to watch on your downtime! If you ever get the chance, check it out!


6.What are your influences?

Content creators, anything from artists such as Toxic-Mario or Tsitra, musicians like SixOfLazers, Alex S, or Omni. Even NickNack (Creator of the fic "Heart of Gold, Wings of Steel") has inspired me a few times!.


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."


8.What is the best pony site you know? (Hint Hint, remember you're doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)

My Little Remix is probably my most visited site. There are a ton of cool people there willing to help with anything at all really! Thought I can't just leave it at that, I do sometimes visit Obsession Is Magic when I'm looking for art, as well as a few other things.


9.Why did you decide to create The Pet Shop Insider?

In all honesty, to create a clone of EquestriaDaily for fans of LPS. I know it sounds bad when I say it like that, but the way EQD presents everything is so clean and pretty looking, I couldn't help myself!


10.Just a little about yourself. This is open ended, so you tell us anything you want to tell.

I actually rather people call me by my first name rather than my musician / DA name. "Justin" is also easier to pronounce than either one :) .

I started my music career December 5, 2011. At the time it was just something I wanted to mess around with, then just leave alone. Funny thing is, I couldn't! I became glued to FL Studio for a couple of months and finally managed to make a song good enough for EQD (Creeping Insanity).

I've also been doing art stuff such as drawing, photo editing, ect, for a couple of years now. I originally wanted to go to collage for art, to start work in the video game industry, though my mind did change after a while, and I now aspire to be an Algebra teacher!


Welcome to the Hall of Pony, GaugeN! We here at OIM look forward to more of your amazing music and visual art!

1 comment: