Sep 8, 2012

Toxic-Mario Hall of Pony

This week, we're featuring a brilliant comic artist who I got the chance to meet at TrotCon, Toxic-Mario! Some of you may know him as the creator of Wereluna or the "Mane Series" comics. Usually focusing on good ol' fashioned clean comedy, his work makes great use of puns and well-executed punchlines. I highly recommend checking out his gallery.
There are a bunch of comics in this post, so you're going to need to do some clicking to see them in a larger size. Now, on to the interview!

1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?

Actually I discovered MLP from watching one of Tsitra360's livestreams. He wanted to show me something and starting playing what I later found out was the Night of Pony video. After about 2 weeks of persistence I finally got curious enough to look into MLP and ever since May 20th, 2011 I can't stop watching.

2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?

Pinkie. Simple answer...she is exactly like me in real life. Fun and random.

3.Who is your favorite background character (this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?

Favorite Background character is Derpy obviously. However that's too simple. If you want to know a background character I like besides her I think I'll have to go with either Fancy Pants or Thunderlane.

4.Who would you follow, Celestia or Luna?

Luna. I see her being more of a badass.

5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?

I would ask them to give the show a chance. If they are interested in the show I would say start from the beginning. In every show you gotta get past the first 5 episodes. If they say they don't like it then that's alright. I can respect that.

6.What are your influences?

Influences...hmmmm. I think you have to look at Pixelkitties. Her way of doing comics I really enjoy and highly look up to. Also you'll have to throw in Tsitra360 and Hotbloodedpinkiepie into the mix. Those guys are really fun to watch.

7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?

Tell you the truth, there's nothing that has truely had an impact on me personally. However if you ever listen to Bob Ross speak during a painting episode and how anyone can learn to do something if they just practice enough then that's what I say is how I got into drawing in the first place.

8.What is the best pony site you know? (Hint Hint, remember you're doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)

Well I don't exactly have a best per say. I look around at a bunch of sites like EQD, DerpyHoovesNews, and obviously some of the brony radio and interview sites. You can say I'm lurking all over the place.

9.Just a little about yourself. This is open ended, so you tell us anything you want to tell.

Well what people don't really know about me is that I'm not an art major. I never studied art and I literally took it up around October 2010. I graduated in 2011 with a BS in meteorology. This stuff with art though is a lot of fun and what initially started as a hobby is really becoming almost a full time thing. A lot of people have asked why I stick to the show humor and not move into other stuff. The simple answer is that I want to be different from everyone else and I have fun making this. As long as I'm making people laugh that's good enough for me. I just love to have fun.

Welcome to the Hall of Pony, Toxic-Mario! We here at OIM look forward to more of your wonderful comics and hilarious punchlines!

2 comments:

  1. "I just love to have fun." Exactly what I've tried to tell everyone here. When something is no longer fun or enjoyable to do, then it's no longer worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Toxic, I love your comics. The fillies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete