Sep 1, 2012

Beavernator Hall of Pony

Our newest Hall of Pony inductee is Beavernator! Rather uniquely, he specializes in creating images of cute baby ponies. Simply put, his gallery is jam-packed with all forms of D'AWWW, HNNNNNNG, and DIABEETUS. Sometimes hilarious, sometimes touching, his work is always adorable... and it's all done in MS Paint.
Check after the break for the interview!

1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?

May 2011, a real-life friend told me about it. My dorm didn't have a TV, so whenever I was eating or bored I would go over to YouTube and watch videos of video games. I loved watching gameplay from all sorts of First-Person Shooters, but stuff like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, and Battlefield Bad Company 2 gameplay was hard to find. Once I heard about MLP:FiM I figured I'd have nothing to lose by watching it. Five minutes becomes one episode. One episode became 3, and before I knew it I was searching for episode 27 only to realize the season was over.

2.Who is your favourite main cast character and why?

You never said it had to be a generation 4 character; so Starsong. While Rainbow Dash was an earth pony fashion queen she was the BAMF pegasus of the main cast back in generation 3.
I have a favourite in the Mane 6 but I'd rather keep that to myself.

3.Who is your favourite background character?

Applebloom hands down. When she had cutie pox I kind of wanted it to end where she was able to receive more cutie marks, but didn't have to demonstrate any of her new abilities when they came along. Applebloom could have been a one-man army! Put her against Chrysalis and her horde of changelings; now its a fair fight. It'll be like that scene in Ip Man where he takes on 10 black belts. GAME OVER, SON!

4.Who would you follow, Celestia or Luna?

Neither; they're terrible leaders. Both of them. It was always Twilight and her friends that clutched the round when Canterlot was under seige. For crying out loud Princess Peach has more notches on her rifle than Princess Celestia. Then again at least Celestia was around for the fight, whenever Luna wasn't the bad guy she was nowhere to be found whenever a major villain popped in out of nowhere. I'd follow Twilight; once she's loose don't even worry about plan B.

5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?

Depends on how much fandom they've seen beforehand. If its none then I'd tell them "Hey this show's pretty cool; check it out". Otherwise I'd have to add on stuff like "These two aren't actually sexually involved with each other. No Molestia isn't an actual character. No Pinkie never does all of that to Rainbow Dash. No they're not lesbians; I swear. Big MacIntosh is in a relationship with Cheerilee and nobody else."

6.What are your influences?

For influential figures, there aren't many. There was Bronyboy, jrk08004, Rlyoff, and StarDustXIII who inspired me to get into this, but for the mostpart we kept to ourselves... mostly anyways . Nobody really went out of their way to tell me stuff like "hey here's what you're doing wrong, do more of this" and soforth.
What influenced me to start making baby ponies was the fact that nobody else was making them. There are a lot of vectors of the mane 6 out there. There are a few vectors of the mane 6 as fillies out there. There are even vectors of the mane 6 as alicorns if you look around hard enough. BUT there weren't any vectors of the mane 6 as babies. Well... technically there aren't any, everything I do is line art. In any case I turned that into my niche.

7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?

I remember this little kid saying something that really got me thinking.
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"
And it struck me, "But does anyone can the privilege would ever forego the possible in need of could anticipate the unlikely beauty?"
So I thought it over that night. Because another Kleenex pops up every time you take one, there may be a God after all.

8.What is the best pony site you know? (Hint Hint, remember you're doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)

Its hard to say; its a close call between DeviantArt and Reddit's mylittlepony board.
On DeviantArt there's a lot of good artists out there that I can interact with. The problem is everyone on dA is too nice. Luckily Reddit was more than willing to help me out in the feedback section. If some sort of detail is wrong in my post they will let me know half a dozen times. I'm not bugged by it in the least; I'll just work on that and go about my business from there on.

9.Just a little about yourself. This is open ended, so you tell us anything you want to tell.

Well... my school life isn't all that interesting. Family talk is boring; nobody cares about that. Ah screw it. Here's everything at the back of my mind related to ponies.
If Lauren Faust herself somehow found my profile, I probably wouldn't picture her 'd'aw'ing at my work. I instead imagine that she'd be creeped the hell out. As if it wasn't weird enough that a 19-year-old guy is watching a show for little girls, I just to go out and have a fetish for baby ponies. Yeah, what's even more whack is that he's not even close to effeminate; I've seen the part of the internet where the sun doesn't shine. It hardly phases me. Heck, I've been turned on by humanized ponies.
Given my present standards and priorities in this you'll notice that I'm reluctant to call anything I make "art" and even more reluctant to call myself an "artist".
I giggle every time someone thinks I make my works using InkScape, GIMP, Photoshop, or some other program I've never heard of. I use MS Paint. That's it.
There's no way to say this nicely; the OC community gets on my nerves. I don't care how many internet points I'm going to get, I'm drawing something I don't really want to draw and my audience doesn't really want to see. However I am surprised that Princess Celestia has so many long-lost half brothers and sisters, and that everyone in Ponyville is a whore that keeps dozens of secretive relationships.
I don't add any images to my favourites because if it was good, I'll remember it. I don't really find it necessary to tell everyone about everything I like.
I don't join any groups with the exception of one on dA. There's having a steady stream of content dropping in your mailbox and then there's being spammed with so many pictures you just stop caring.
I never plan ahead when making my deviations. I just sit down, get an idea, and go from there.
I think that's enough scrambled thought for now. No wait... Charizard did 9/11. There we go. Anyways I hope I wasn't too dry, and I hope you folks out there have learned a thing or two about preventing forest fires. If not then I'll be teaching you guys how to impale as many marshmallows on a stick as humanly possible to capitalize on this, but that's for another time. Until then here's some shameless self-promotion; if you have any questions or complaints feel free to send then over to me on DeviantArt. I didn't say commissions, if you send me a commission for me then I will unleash a monkey army to hunt you down and tie your shoelaces together ANYWAYS I'M DONE HERE.

Welcome to the Hall of Pony, Beavernator! We here at OIM look forward to more of your heart attack-inducing baby ponies, as well as your hilarious descriptions!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm gonna say it now, I love everything you make with baby ponies. Or at least everything I've seen. I do follow you on Deviant art after all. I need to find or make a baby pony pattern. Then I can just make my own 3D baby pony to hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You never said it had to be a generation 4 character; so Starsong."

    You God dang tricky bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he seriously only uses MS Paint, then I have no excuse for my terrible artistry anymore.

    ReplyDelete