Aug 11, 2012

PrinceWhateverer Hall of Pony

I know it's been a while, but remember when I said I had something special planned for the upcoming Hall of Pony? Well, here it is, the one and only PrinceWhateverer! It's been a long time since we've featured a musician, and we certainly got a good one. Simply put, this guy rocks. Whether it's metal or alternative, original songs, collaborations, or covers, he does it wonderfully. So put on your best headphones and check after the break for some words of wisdom and some fantastic music!

1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?

I used to watch gen 1 when I was a kid and luckily re-discovered it through buying an MLP shirt that I just thought was funny, then I found out there was a new series out and when I saw it... well yeah, I loved it. XD


2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?

Hmm... I'm not even too sure, it'd have to be Rainbow Dash first, with the other mane 6 all coming in at a very close and equal second. =3


3.Who is your favorite background character (this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?

Hmmm... not too sure here either... it'd have to be Derpy, purely because DERPY! XD With Scootaloo and the rest of the CMC second. ^^


4.Who would you follow, Celestia or Luna?

HA! I am prince of the United Equestrian Federation!! Join meee! We has Gundams, Knightmare Frames, and any other anime-based mecha you can think of! XDD


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?

Hmmm.. I'd tell them to check it out if they're interested. I wouldn't hype it up too much... people tend to expect a LOT when you do that, even though we all know the show is absolutely mind blowing, it's always better to find out as independently as you can and formulate your own opinions. ^^


6.What are your influences?

Music-wise? It'd be bands like A Day To Remember, 3 Days Grace, Asking Alexandria, Fall Out Boy, Hands Like Houses, etc. Just bands like that. XD I'm also partial to some Elton John or Celine Dion now and then lmao. XD


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?

Hmm... lemme think... it'd have to be Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park, he said the best way to get famous was to 'Play well, work hard, and don't be an asshole!' I don't take them to heart because I want to be famous! More because they apply to music as a whole, and life!! I mean, c'mon! Nopony likes an asshole!


8.What is the best pony site you know? (Hint Hint, remember you're doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)

Umm, I use EqD and Obsession is Magic to keep up-to-date with new happenings, and I float around on Everypony and Ponyquare now and then, s'all fun. XD


9.Just a little about yourself. This is open ended, so you tell us anything you want to tell.

I dunno, if anyone plans on making music or anything really, you gotta remember to give it your ALL every time! Be willing to scrap an entire concept or a whole song if it doesn't feel right! There is NOTHING of value in anything that you didn't enjoy making!! Art is a form of expression, if there's no sincerity behind the expression/conveyance of feelings and emotion, then instead of having a worthwhile piece of art, you'll have an empty shell made to look pretty, but ultimately lacking in any real substance or tangible meaning! I'm sorry, lmao I just feel strongly about the expression of self, in any art form! XDD


Welcome to the Hall of Pony, PrinceWhateverer! We here at OIM look forward to hearing more of your awesome music!

3 comments:

  1. Prince Whateverer your music is amazing. I love the way you mix hard rock and pony. I especially like the Guardians of Equestria. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping for more musician interviews in the future! And I really like his aviator hat!

    ReplyDelete