Jun 2, 2012

SubjectNumber2394 Hall of Pony

Our newest Hall of Pony inductee is SubjectNumber2394, a wonderful artist who is mostly known for his brilliant comics. Check out the interview after the break!

1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-I found MLP:FIM during August 2011 while looking through the website 'Know Your Meme'. It was my first time at the site but I was quick to come across ponies seeing as they practically own the site. At first I thought it was being used as a joke, but after reading the article I realised it was a proper fandom. Oddly enough, it never occurred to me how unusual it was that so many adult males were watching My Little Pony until I was well into the fandom; so with nothing else to do that night I gave it a try and watched through 7 episodes. Within 3 days I had finished the first season, then when I found out season 2 only a few weeks away I stayed and looked at fan stuff, and started making my own.
Link to larger size.

2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-My favourite would be a tie between Twilight and Fluttershy. I admire Twilight's intellect and scientific side; and Fluttershy's kindness and shyness. Also probably because relate to them a lot.

3.Who is your favorite background character (this is anypony other than the main 6.  ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-Lyra, hands down. Simply because of her quirkiness and odd personality traits make her so entertaining.
Link to larger size.

4.Who would you follow, Celestia or Luna?
-I follow Luna, I find her much more interesting. Also I favour the night, the day is usually half way through when I wake.
Link to larger size.

5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-I would tell them to try it (it's made by people who worked on other fantastic cartoons), if it's not their thing then move on. If it is, welcome to the herd!

6.What are your influences?
-The pony fandom is what really made me take art more seriously than what I had been so I never really had any influences until now. Because of that, most of my influences are artists within the fandom; some make comics, some do more realistic and detailed work. Madmax, Cosmic Unicorn (Crappy Unicorn), and Harwick to name a few. I'm really inspired to improve my work when I see their amazing art.

7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-I'm always quoting stuff but as soon as I need to think of my favourite they all disappear from my head...One of my favourites would have to be: “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Link to larger size.

8.What is the best pony site you know? (Hint Hint, remember you're doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-Heh, I'm afraid I never saw much of Obsession is Magic until now but so far I like what I've seen, I'll be coming back. As for other sites I never really interact much of any of them out of shyness (so many times I've written out a comment, about to post it, only to delete it after staring at it for 10 minutes) however I do lurk around Equestria Daily, FimFiction and Ponibooru a lot.

9.Just a little about yourself.  This is open ended, so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-Eh...I never know what to say when asked to say something about myself. This is the first fandom I've ever been in, and I've loved every minute of it. The community is what keeps me here; the art, music, and fiction has so many different ideas and so much creativeness. It wasn't until I joined the fandom that I realised how repetitive my life was, now there's something new everyday. I do art as a hobby, but if a career in IT doesn't work out then I think it will be the first thing I'll turn to. I obsessively play Team Fortress 2; I love learning about anything to do with physics, philosophy, and the universe; and my favourite movie of all time is Children of Men.

Welcome to the Hall of Pony, SubjectNumber2394. We here at Obsession Is Magic look forward to more of your beautiful work, and more of your hilarious comics!

1 comment:

  1. Another Team Fortress 2 addict? I MUST PLAY HIM.

    ReplyDelete