Jun 9, 2012

EuropaMaxima Hall of Pony

This week's featured artist is EuropaMaxima, who makes some of the most unique and eye-catching art I've seen! Check out that interview after the break!

1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-I discovered MLP on memebase just after season 1 had finished, at that point I was a struggling Deviantart artist wanting to get noticed, admittedly my intention was pretty much to mooch off of the popularity of the show for my own ends, then I watched a couple of episodes..... well let's just say I'm not mooching anymore.

2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-When it comes to my favourite character of the Mane 6, it generally varies from time to time, but more often than not it's Fluttershy, I always seem to take a shine to the timid, shy characters in any show that features them, and Fluttershy is no exception. Strangely I do prefer her when she's a little more assertive, plus I really like her mane. :)

3.Who is your favorite background character (this is anypony other than the main 6.  ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-I know it may sound cliched, but probably Derpy, mainly because of what the community has turned her into rather than her presence on the show, although I am a fan of the original Derpy voice.

4.Who would you follow, Celestia or Luna?
-Celestia all the way, Luna is overrated, if you think about it Celestia has never done a tremendously bad thing in the show, Luna, she freakin' turned into Nightmare Moon and tried to envelope Equestria in eternal night. Call me crazy but I just don't find that attractive in a leader.

5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-On the internet I would tell them straight out to watch it, accompanied with various quotes from the show. In person I would probably mention it in casual conversation, see if I can get the ball rolling and try and persuade someone to actually watch it, so far none of them have, so the internet is my only brony friend. :(

6.What are your influences?
-Whatever I like really, although generally I draw them to at least try to stick out, certain pieces of mine were drawn purely to try and garner attention when I had no real care for them, others (like the Mare do Well) I absolutely adored all the way through, regardless of whether they would be popular or not.

7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-I'm not much of a sentimental quote kind of guy, but if I had to choose one it would probably be;
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why it's called the present" - Grand Master Oogway
I know it sounds cheesy and its from Kung Fu Panda, but you've got to admit, it has a nice ring to it.

8.What is the best pony site you know? (Hint Hint, remember you're doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-Truthfully, Equestria Daily is what got me really embroiled in Brony activity, technically though, that is the only pony site I know of, as well as Obsession Is Magic. I'm not the best at the internets. :/

9.Just a little about yourself.  This is open ended, so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-UK art student at University, and no, I've never met the Queen, though Princess Anne was just as good. I am admittedly a bit of a gamer by nature, though not in the Minecraft sense. Generally my aim with art is to always progress, each piece must be better than the last, I shouldn't dwell on the same art style each time. I am a big fan of epic movies and epic music, with a slight affinity for techno music, Skrillex, my secret shame. Not really much else to say about me apart from I always only stick with a certain kind of hobby for a few months at a time before moving on to greener pastures, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, is the first exception.

Welcome to the Hall of Pony, EuropaMaxima. It's a pleasure having you here on OIM; we look forward to more of your beautiful artwork!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm actually not familiar with this artist. Guess I have someone new to start following!

    ReplyDelete