Jun 21, 2012

atryl Hall of Pony

Hey everybody, remember that awesome artist I hinted at a while back? The one Dusty should enjoy especially? Well, here he is! atryl, master of ponies and anthro, SFW and NSFW alike. No, I won't be showing any of his NSFW stuff here, but I'll let you in on a little secret that he has an alternate Tumblr blog solely dedicated to that. Anyway, check after the break for the interview!

1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-It was in the middle of the first season I believe, maybe near the end. At first I didn't want to watch the show, because of the ponies, I didn't expect this at all. My friend Ace wanted me to watch the show, and around the 10th episode I started to love it. :)

2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-Definitely Pinkie Pie. She makes me smile, smile, smile. :)

3.Who is your favorite background character (this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-I love Discord, Zecora and Chrysalis. Maybe Chrysalis, she has really good design and voice.

4.Who would you follow, Celestia or Luna?
-Probably Luna, I love the night.

5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-To convince them to watch it? Awesome animation, voice actors, character designs and personalities. All that you need for a good show.

6.What are your influences?
-If you refer to the artist that inspires me to draw, it is Samwise Didier. I love fantasy topics, and I love that Equestria has mythical creatures such as gryphons, manticores, dragons, phoenixes and others.
At first I just liked the style of the show and the atmosphere, it felt so comfy to draw. Then I discovered the community. I've talked about that with my friend Siden, It is wonderful how many artists can group up around one thing. So much talent. Must continue.

7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-I can't say anything fancy really, more like a gaming reference, "less QQ more pew-pew". That means stop thinking and do your thing.

8.What is the best pony site you know? (Hint Hint, remember you're doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-I really like sites with collection series of pictures on them, and other image sites, since I don't really read (except books), I don't visit them too often sadly. If I could stop time, I'd be happy to do that, but with 10-15 hours of drawing a day...

9.Just a little about yourself. This is open ended, so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-Not much to tell, I'm from Hungary, I love the show because of the things I mentioned up there, I'd like to know more artists in the community. Also, I really hope the love and tolerance thing is serious, because I think I'm that kind of guy. So... Thank you for supporting me, and I'm happy if some people like what I do, that means it is worth doing it. :)

Welcome to the Hall of Pony, atryl. We here at Obsession Is Magic are thrilled to have you. And we look forward to seeing whatever incredible things you have in store for us next!

4 comments:

  1. Great interview! I love atryl's work. Now if only you would interview ss2sonic. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I'm gonna have to do that now, aren't I? XD

      Delete
    2. I've been following Atryl's art for a while now, glad to see him in Hall of Pony.

      Yes, do ss2sonic, the boobies, the glorious boobies.

      Delete
  2. He has some amazing and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete