May 19, 2012

Mickeymonster Hall of Pony

So, as I'm now the one who runs the Hall of Pony, I get to handpick artists myself. Naturally, I immediately sought to rectify the fact that we hadn't yet interviewed Mickeymonster. This guy has made so much great artwork (over 950 pieces on DA, though only his more recent works are pony-related) that I simply couldn't bear not having him on our site. His most notable works include his Discord "Squeezin' It" series; also noteworthy is his penchant for crossovers (including those with characters of his own design). Anyway, enough of my words, go on and check out that interview!


1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-About a year ago, when the first season was half-way done I think. XD It was just everywhere, and a couple of friends of mine was getting addicted to the show and encouraged me to give it a watch. So a did, and I've been watching it ever since. ^^

2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-Hmmm... That's hard to pick, but I'd say Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity or Discord. They're all a whole bunch of fun to watch! Pinkie with her bouncy giggly randomness, Rarity's "very lady like" behaviour, Fluttershy's mother bear care and of course, Discord, the spirit of chaos who just likes to make a mess. XD Sorry for not writing so much into it, I'm a little lazy.

3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-I'd saaaaay... Derpy, because she's such a great treat for the fanbase and she's just funny and adorable to look at. There's so much about this character, but she's rarily there. She's goofy, clumsy, but she means everything she does well, kind of like Goofy, except she's a pegasi with derp eyes. XD That's just adorable.
4.Who would you follow, Celestia or Luna?
-Hmmmm...Celestia or Luna, ey? I'm not sure. We've not seen Luna rule yet, so it's hard to tell if she would be terrible or terrific at doing it. Celestia got centuries of more experienc, so for the time being, I'd say Celestia. But once Luna gets big enough, I'd gladly follow her. xP
Readable size here.

 5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-I could nudge 'em to give the show a watch if they're not too busy with anything else. :shrug: I'm still a little touchy about being a FiM fan, especially around people who's reactions I can't tell beforehand.

6.What are your influences?
-Influences?... Artisticly?
Disney, Dreamworks, Miyazaki, cartoons, videogames, music, all sorts of things! ^^

7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-"You're dead if you only aim for children. Adults are only grown up kids anywho." ~ Walt Disney
That you can make anything brilliant, so it appeals to both kids as well as adults. It's about the passion and work you put into it. ^^

8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember you're doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-Ponibooru and Equestria Daily. ^^
Readable size here.

9.Just a little about yourself. This is open ended so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-I'm a bit silly, like dark things but I like to make things with a light hearted nature if it's not vulgare humour that's so absurd that it's funny XD I like clever ideas, creations, something with a message, not too complex stories, characters, villains (especially villain songs!), I love to draw, create things of my own, see how characters can be developed through time.
I'm a little slow at times, other times I'm fast. I can be impatient, even though I take sooooo long to finish just about anything. I like to make new friends, talk about interests, shows, a lot of things, but I don't appreciate utterly vulgar humour, cursing or swearing just for the sake of being vulgar. (It can work for me in some cases, but definitely not all the time.)
I tend to occasionally try out new themes with my drawings, experiment a little here and there and make the most of it if the idea and inspiration is there. ^^

Welcome to the Hall of Pony, Mickeymonster. It was a great pleasure getting the chance to interview you! We here at Obsession Is Magic look forward to seeing your wonderful gallery continue to grow.

1 comment:

  1. He has the world's greatest quote right there. And he makes Tenacious D and Team Four Star references!

    ReplyDelete