Apr 6, 2012

Transformers: Prime Finally Airs in Japan

I apologize for making two Transformers posts in a row, but this really does deserve its own post. Transformers: Prime has just recently aired in Japan for the first time... We now have the opening and ending sequences...


The intro song is still catchy, and still doesn't fit Transformers AT ALL... I'm also not very impressed by the opening sequence itself, but it's not terrible.


The ending... OH GAWD THAT ENGRISH! XD I lol'd HARD, so at least I got some enjoyment out of it. XD

Anyway, I'm going to avoid passing further judgement until I can see the full episode. I'm still rather curious to hear what they do with the voice acting. Not to mention the new "Arms Microns" segment that is supposed to air at the end of each episode in Japan.
Oh, and how could I forget about the "idol group skit"...
Totally gives the "giant alien robot" vibe, doesn't it? XD
And no, I'm not trying to be a hater or a troll. I'm just a bit confused at the moment. XD
I think it's great that Prime is finally getting the opportunity to gain a fanbase in Japan. Next stop: Japanese localization of MLP! Right? XD

3 comments:

  1. I never understood why the Japanese felt the need to add English lyrics to their songs.

    And I'm scared to see MLP localized in Japan. I... I've seen enough tentacle "stuff" in my time, and I'm sure they would just have a field day with Octaviapus :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you talking about? Japanese MLP will be hilarious! XD I'm particularly looking forward to the super kawaii voice that Fluttershy will inevitably have. XD.

      Delete
    2. Now that you mention it, maybe I can take the good with the bad. I've already seen a kawaii Luna, and that made me faint, so a Kawaii Fluttershy would definitely give me a heart attack.

      Delete