Apr 7, 2012

Arrowchime Hall of Pony

Hall of Pony time.  This week we have Arrowchime




1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-I discovered the Brony community around April. It's kind of a funny story, actually - me and my friend were awfully bored, and he linked me to an episode of Friendship is Magic - At the time I assumed this was in a joking manner, but we both started enjoying watching the show and eventually admitting it to each other, and that's basically how I got into it.


2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-It's hard to choose, but I think my favorite mane cast pony would have to be Rarity. It took a while for her to grow on me, but now that I look at it I can relate to her a lot with the work I do.


3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anypony other than the main 6.  ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-Vinyl Scratch, definitely.


4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
-My inner creative insomniac says Luna.


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-Friendship is Magic is definitely a show worth watching - It manages to capture the hearts of both children and adults, not to mention the imaginations.
It manages to be funny, eyecatching, easy to relate to, and touching all at the same time. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it yet.


6.What are your influences?
-Squeedgemonster and Andrew Hussie both influenced my art style a lot - as well as that I also took a lot of inspiration from stained glass works and tribal art.


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." This quote, personally, means a lot to me, and it's something I live by.


8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-I actually don't visit a whole lot of pony sites, but I think the most well done pony site I've seen is Equestria Daily.


9.Just a little about yourself.  This is open eneded so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-I enjoy dabbling in a lot of different things, but I've been doing art since I was a child - I remember I've wanted to be a great artist since I was a small child - I just knew that was what I wanted, and I never gave up on that. As well as art, I enjoy casual birdwatching, woodwork, webcomics, and hiking.


And there you have it.  Arrowchime we here at Obsession Is Magic support you and your awesome art.

1 comment:

  1. I love this art style. The line-work is just plain awesome, almost enchanting.

    ReplyDelete