Mar 20, 2012

From Quantic Dream with love

First of all, special thanks goes to Dromaeosaur for coming out of nowhere like an angel. My posting for this week (and maybe even next week) will be very, very limited, so Drom just showing up like that is a miracle.

EDIT: Wow. I can't believe how stupid I was. I just came back to this post today and realized (with some help from Eternocte) that this is NOT the next game Quantic Dream is working on, it's just a tech demo. It even says right here in a Gamespot article that it "is a concept only and is not taken from any software currently in development". It also clearly states this in big, eye-catching letters in the video. I must have blanked out during that part. My bad. Thanks, 'Nocte.

Since I don't have time to put a pony memes together (sorry everyone), here's a tech released by Quantic Dream (developer of Heavy Rain) that shows off a lot but reveals very little about what the dev team is up to.

5 comments:

  1. Lol, no problem, buddy. I've been floating around OIM without actually doing anything for too long.

    As for that trailer... Holy crap, that was disturbing. This certainly isn't the first time someone has had the idea of robots that were intended to be sold but decided they wanted more out of their existence, but the way that trailer was executed sent a bit of a shiver up my spine... That game looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if anyone has seen the movie "The Stepford Wives", I think they're going to be pretty similar. But it's how Quantic Dream is presenting it that just makes this amazing.

      Delete
  2. I'll be honest, the disassembling scene was sort of hard to watch. Other than that I would love to have my own woman robot and I wouldn't do anything sexual or perverted at all, nope, not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is just a tech demo how do we know it has anything to do with Quantic Dream's next game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to punish myself by sticking my head in the microwave.

      Delete