Mar 24, 2012

LavosVsBahamut Hall of Pony

This week in the Hall of Pony we have LavosVsBahamut.  Hit that jump and get to readin'.




1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
- I've always been interested in internet memes, and I like to know what's currently going on the internet. Then one day during march 2011, when I was looking around KnowYourMeme.com, I happened to run into the Friendship is Magic subculture entry, and my interest on the subject escalated from there.

Just like everyone else, I was sceptical about the show at first, especially since I'm more familiar with anime, than I'm with American animation. But nevertheless, I decided to watch the first few episodes, and slowly grew to like the show more and more.

But it wasn't until Dragonshy and Bridle Gossip, that I could start calling myself a fan of the show, even though I still don't like referring to myself as a "brony".


2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
- I'd say that my favourite character would be Twilight Sparkle, but I like her more for her design, and as an opposing force to Trixie. Unfortunately that does not go hand in hand with the canon, so it's more of a personald and "artistic" thing.

But if I were to choose a favourite character solely based on the merits of the show itself, I'd have to say Pinkie Pie. Especially since I loved shows like Freakazoid! and Animaniacs as a kid.


3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
- Like I already mentioned, that would definitely be The Great And Powerful Trixie. Although Derpy is a close second, since she is largely crafted by the fans of the show, who can be more important for me than the show itself on many occasions.


4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
- Probably Celestia. If Luna would handle the government, everything would have to be ridiculously strict and formal, and I'm more of a "bohemian" by nature. Every formal and/or official stuff just hurts my poor brain. I just like to live a carefree life, where everything stays the same.


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
- As more of a casual fan of the show, I'd say that it's not all about the cartoon itself, but about the creativity driven remix culture behind it.

But of course I wouldn't try to belittle the merits of the show, and if they would be willing to listen further, I'd tell them about the big names behind the show, and the wonderful characters, design, and musical score.


6.What are your influences?
- First of all, I'd have to say anime. It has been my hobby for the past nine years, and even though I have always been struggling with human character, the ponies seemed to come out naturally, especially with my odd coloring technique consisting of bright main colors.

And as some of my pictures obviously point out, movie posters have also been a big inspiration. Music is important too, let's not forget that.

But if I'd have to pick artists who have influenced my own drawing style, there would only be two of them. My first real influence was the art style CrookedTrees used on the "Ask Pinkamena Diane Pie" blog, and the second would be the works of an artist going by the name Discommunicator on DeviantART.


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
- For years, I always liked one specific quote I saw on one of the Great Teacher Onizuka mangas, which was "If life deals you a bad hand, cheat."

But in the end, it doesn't describe my own views in life all that well, and I recently found a new favourite quote unexpectedly from and old Magic The Gathering trading card. That quote was "When you live for others, you live for yourself." And somehow that quote has stuck with me ever since.


8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
- That would be Equestria Daily. I just want to keep up with the new stuff, and that's all that I need. I don't really go to any other pony exclusive sites.


9.Just a little about yourself. This is open eneded so you tell us anything you want to tell.
- I really don't know what to say. I'm just your average fan of good animations, good music, good artwork, and of course G4 ponies.


And there you have it.  LavosVsBahamut we here at Obsession Is Magic support you and your amazing art.

1 comment:

  1. Since I knew before watching the show that I was going to become a brony, I guess I'm not "everyone else". That... pretty much sums up who I am.

    Keep up the great artwork!

    ReplyDelete