Mar 3, 2012

Equestria Prevails Hall of Pony



Would you look at the time.  It's time for Hall of Pony!  Equestria Prevails is this week's inductee.  Hit that jump and get to readin'.



1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-I joined the fandom quite late, after season one had already finished airing but before season two had started. Every corner of the internet was getting inundated with FiM related material. Having not been aware of the pony craze it puzzled me and I went and watched several episodes out of curiosity. Been hooked since!

But it's the fanbase itself that really hit a chord with me. There's so much creativity coming out that I felt I really needed to be a part of it. I figured I can draw(ish), so I'll contribute what I can.


2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-Constantly changing! Every episode we get to learn more and more about the Mane Six. My current favorite is Pinkie Pie. I used to dislike her but after Baby Cakes she seems so much more mature and it shows there's much more to her than parties and being "so random". It's also fun looking out for her cartoony gags.


3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anypony other than the main 6.  ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-My favorite supporting pony would be Sweetie Belle. I love her voice acting and mannerisms. My favorite background pony is probably Derpy since I draw her a lot.


4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
-I like Celestia more than Luna. But I wouldn't want to have to choose one or the other.


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-"Hey, you remember My Little Ponies from way back?"

"Yeah, it's that little girl's show right?"

"You noticed a ton of pony stuff on the net lately?"

"Yeah. What's up with that?"

"The series got a reboot recently. It's actually really good."

Like with other things in life I don't feel the need to try and convert people. But if someone showed a genuine interest in the show (positive or negative) I'd tell them about it; it's a high quality animated show that became a surprise hit and reached out to (mostly) unintended target demographics.


6.What are your influences?
-Thematically I take from wherever I need for what I'm intending to draw. Nothing better than real life and history to draw inspiration from; if I'm trying to design armour for a character, I'd rather look at books or Wikipedia instead of something like LOTR.


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-Not really a saying or line but I've always loved Carl Sagan's written thoughts "Reflections on a Mote of Dust".


8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-EqD is my go-to site for news and everything else pony.

I also frequent Ponibooru a lot and upload stuff there. Given it's content it's not a site I would recommend to just anyone, but I find the image comments to be oftentimes hilarious, brutal, refreshing.


9.Just a little about yourself.  This is open eneded so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-Just a regular nerd from down under! I like drawing, games, animals and ponies.

And that is that.  Equestria Prevails, we here at Obsession Is Magic support you and look forward to more of your art.


No comments:

Post a Comment