Feb 11, 2012

Zicygomar Hall of Pony

Okay, go to this link and substitute me for the kid and "Hall of Pony" for the lyrics.  Anywho, it's Zicygomar week, so bus driver, move that bus!  Oh wait, wrong show.  Hit the link instead.





1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
My brother just walked into my room one day and was like, “My Little Pony.” And then I was all, “Oh, yeah, what a lame series. The 80’s amiright?” But then he said “No, they made a remake and it’s a meme now.” So I went to Know Your Meme, watched the pilot, and said, “This is freaking awesome and I want in on this fandom.”


2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
It changes from episode to episode, but ultimately always come back to Twilight Sparkle. Her snark in the pilot provided a good way to ease into a world of colorful equines and rainbow friendship beams. Also, she is adorkable.


3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
If it hasn’t become obvious from what I draw, Carrot Top and Derpy Hooves. There’s just so much opportunity for gags with the whole roommates setup, especially when one of them is Derpy.


4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
Why would you make me choose? ;_; Since I can’t decide based on their characters, I guess I kind of like Luna’s design more?


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
Depends on if I knew what would best convince them to watch it. For those who care about animation, hearing Lauren Faust worked on Powerpuff Girls and Foster’s Home should be a strong enough argument. For anyone else, a clip of Fluttershy fighting a bear should suffice. Beyond that, it’s probably best not to press the issue.


6.What are your influences?
Comics, cartoons, video games, the fandom. The sheer amount of fan stuff out there is mindboggling, but great for finding inspiration. Outside of pony, while I don’t post many of my doodles, a lot of the creatures I draw definitely take cues from Zelda monsters.


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
Agh, I’m not a guy who remembers quotes. I just sort of take in the message, not so much the words, which I guess is better than the other way around. I can say that I try to strive for positivity, though. Perhaps that’s a bit Pollyannaish, but what else would I do? That’s probably partly why FiM resonates so well with me.

Also, “No thanks, I’m trying to quit,” is the best response to anyone trying to offer something to you. Just putting that out there.


8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
Primarily, I use Equestria Daily and deviantArt (although that’s not really a pony site, I guess), and on occasion I’ll look through Ponibooru. Although, from what I’ve seen, OiM is a pretty cool place too.


9.Just a little about yourself. This is open ended so you tell us anything you want to tell.
What can I say? I’m just a college guy trying to get through life while learning how to draw in my spare time. I love drawing, animation, stories, and music, but there just aren’t enough hours in a day, so I’m focusing on the drawing part. In addition to not doing terribly in school. But one thing at a time, right?

And that is the proverbial that.  Zicygomar, we here at Obsession Is Magic support you and your hilarious comics.

1 comment:

  1. It's Dusty's Hall of Pony time! Dusty's Hall of Pony time!

    Finally, one of my favorite Deviantart artists gets featured! I was hooked on Zicygomar the first time I saw the "It's A Giant Muffin!" comic, which I know is an Avatar reference. You rock, Zicygomar!

    ReplyDelete