Jan 14, 2012

FoxInShadow Hall of Pony



FoxInShadow is this weeks Hall of Pony. Ask Coffee BeanFriendly Twilight, and his tumber. So what are you doing still reading this?  Hit that link already!




1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-Well, I started noticing pony images floating around (mostly on soup.io) during last summer. Also, during summer holidays my friend visited me, and occasionally he started talking about how all this pony stuff flooding the internet pisses him off. As a part of the joke, I offered that I ponify us both on a drawing ("lol, we're ponies"). When he returned home, we... both started watching the show simultaneously ("well, let's give it a chance, we have to know what all the fuss is about") and we really got into it. I remember how I was watching the first season again and again, and I was slowly discovering all aspects of the fandom. I couldn't be happier to hear that season 2 is on the way (announcement on EqD showed up few days after I became a brony).


2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-Twilight Sparkle. Because of too many things. I love her character, her sometimes sarcastic attitude, and her mane too ;P She's similar to me in some ways, I love reading and I'm quite introvertic person.

Although, I was changing my opinion about who's the best pony during watching first season. Second season made me choose Twilight finally (I still have a thing for Pinkamena and Rarity, though.)


3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-Difficult choice again! But I have to say Vinyl Scratch, for her design and for actually getting me into electronic music.


4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
-Celestia. But I don't get the whole Lunar Republic/Solar Empire stuff.


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-Only if somebody mentions it in conversation, I would probably say that this show is definitely worth trying. It's well written, with interesting, non-stereotypical characters, and it includes pop culture references (Star Wars and Big Lebowski, to name a few). Other than that, I don't want to force anybody.


6.What are your influences?
-Many, many sources. Literature, movies, music. But also other artists from online art communities. I started drawing when I discovered deviantart, that site created me as an artist. On the other hand, I don't care very much about most of... 'classical' artists, I'm much more focused on contemporary illustrators, painters and graphic artists (I have a thing for Paul Kidby and Jef Bertels)


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
(The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)


8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-Equestria Daily, checking it every day (but along with many others, really. Also, pony side of tumblr is the best :3)


9.Just a little about yourself. This is open eneded so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-Um... ok. *secretly hates that kind of questions* I never know what to say about myself

I'm a self taught artist. I would love to make a living out of art (or, at least, I will try!). I can't imagine my day without listening to music (especially during drawing), I love good movies, anything that Tim Burton creates is god-like, Hayao Miyazaki is the only anime director I can stand, I spend too much time on the Internet, my favourite colour is black and I love cats. Pinkie looks better with straight hair.

FoxInShadow, we here at Obsession Is Magic support you and wait patiently for more of your amazing art.


1 comment:

  1. you rock fox¡¡¡¡¡¡also i love your tumblers¡¡ keep being amazing.

    ReplyDelete