Dec 10, 2011

Echowolf800 Hall of Pony



Yup, it's Saturday.  Saturday's are the new Hall of Pony day.  You should know that because I'm sure all of you watched my update video.  Now, this week we have Echowolf800.  Hit that break and read on!




1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-This one's pretty uneventful compared to some other stories. Browsing through some image boards, I noticed quite the amount of pony appearing. That fateful weekend near the end of March, I decided to take the show for a try. This is the first time I can genuinely say that I had no idea what I was getting myself into that day. I actually watched the first and second episodes. The feeling of watching it went from disgust and shame to some awkwardness and funniness. I decided to watch the episodes out of order from then on. By the time I finished all the way to Over a Barrel, I was hooked.



2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-Oh, man that's a tough one. I'm the type of guy who says, "Everypony is best pony." Buuut, I managed to still get my favorites. It all boils down to two ponies, Applejack and Rarity. Now I know what you're thinking. Aren't those two the least liked of the Mane Cast? Well, in my eyes, even without all the character development (well, at least for AJ), both of their personalities really are commendable. I can relate to Applejack since she is the most down to earth character. While Rarity's kindness, intelligence, AND ability to stay absolutely formal catches my attention a lot. Seriously, if I had to choose two ponies to stay on a deserted island with, they'd be the two.
(break - Rarity is my number 2 favorite, so I agree with you there.  Applejack, not so much.)


3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anypony other than the main 6.  ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-Easy. Braeburn. All the way. He's the reason why Over a Barrel is one of my top tier episodes. He was the first example for me that you could have a well-made male character in MLP. Because of this, he is one of my earliest memories in becoming a Brony. (Remember I mentioned that I watched the episodes out of order? )



4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
-Hehehe, so much my philosophy that everypony is best pony. Between Celestia and Luna... I'd go with Celestia. Don't get me wrong, though. I love Luna as much as the next person, but with Celestia's attitude, experience, and ability to lead and give out morale, she would be the side I'd lean on.


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-You'd think this would be a hard question for me. Surprise, I'm a semi-open Brony. I'd only tell it to friends and family, which all have taken it well. My method? Do it passively. Now, I know the question asks what would I say, I'd never approach someone and start a conversation about ponies all of a sudden. If they're an acquaintance, I'd simply do my normal Brony activities around them (ie drawing, watching PMV's, looking at EqD). Once they finally ask (which actually took a few days for my brother), I just talk to them and treat it like some random anime. Talk about some characters/jokes/places/abilities... I haven't convinced anyone to be a Brony, yet, but it sure is a good way of giving them a neutral mindset about the show.
(break - You misspelled OIM as EqD.  You'd be surprise how many people get that confused.)



6.What are your influences?
-When talking about art, it was kind of a chain of events leading up to things. First, my cousin taught me how to use shapes in drawings quite a while back, and fortunately for me, I was a quick learner. Timeskip to around 2 years ago, I bought my tablet which I still make art with today. However, I was a very poorly skilled artist back then. (then again, who wasn't a bad artist when they began?). Fast forward again to the ponies. And, right before summer of that time, I got the crazy idea that I wanted to become a cartoonist, inspired by MLP:FiM. So, I devoted my time into drawing ponies, and here I am now. Improved 100-fold, if I do say so myself


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-It was one of the things my father told me again and again.It's really helped to keep me on track as an artist. "I want you to become whatever you want to be. Whether it means some scientist picking up bugs in Africa, or the world's fastest pogo-stick jumper. You can do it, as long as you can set your mind to it."


8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-Aww, I'd love to say that I knew OiM the most out of any pony site, but what's considered home to me is the place every Brony visits at least TWICE in their life. You guessed it, Equestria Daily. It's like a home base for pony on that site. I can't help but visit it maybe 3 times a day. Heck, some of my art's been featured there!
(break - If you guys follow Hall of Pony, then you know I love to comment on this question.  There are so many things I could say about this reply, that it ain't even funny.  I'll let you guys use your imaginations this time round and insert whatever you think I'd say.)


9.Just a little about yourself.  This is open eneded so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-What can I say? I'm just your friendly neighborhood Brony-man
In all seriousness, I'm really just an artist with lots of volunteering work, on my way to being a pilot, and too little free time to fit it all in xD
~My final note for this interview: Don't be afraid to try new things. I wouldn't be a drawing Brony if I didn't ;D

However, DO be afraid to try some Ghost Pepper sauce on any kind of edible product. Including ice. Good Celestia, that stuff is spicy enough to be a torture device!

And that is that.  We at Obsession Is Magic support you and hope you continue make you great art.


No comments:

Post a Comment