Dec 17, 2011

Br0ny Hall of Pony



Br0ny week!  Hit that jump!  I command you!



1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-Chuck, one of my housemates introduced me to the show. We share an interest in cartoons like Angry Beavers, Invader Zim and more so I trusted him on this one. It was a bit weird at first but after a few episodes I knew there was no way back. That was in February 2011 I guess.


2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-That’s a really difficult one. I think all of them are really good, their character development through the episodes makes me like one more than the other after every new episode. I must say that Applejack is best pony. Her character is awesome and funny (and I like her accent). The episodes with AJ and the Apple family are the episodes I enjoy most.


3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anypony other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-Argh! I love almost all of them. If I really had to choose I would say Luna. I really like her in season 1 and 2.


4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
-Luna, we even have a canvas of her hanging in our living room. I have to say that Luna didn’t win by much.


5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-It’s a well animated show with great characters, amazing voice-acting, awesome stories, an inspiring fandom and more. The association people have with the old My Little Pony series makes it hard to convince them to check it out anyway.


6.What are your influences?
-The show itself inspired me to start drawing again so I should thank Faust for creating this awesome show. The fandom also inspires me a lot, all the fan art, music, youtube videos and games just fill every day life with pony (pony everywhere). Chuck and I talk about the show and pony-related things always, I mean really every time we talk and we motivate each other to create art and share ideas.


7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
-Why was there bacon in the soap?! –Invader Zim. I guess it means you should just enjoy the little things in life, like bacon in the soap.


8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for
Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-There are a few sites I check almost every day. Deviant Art is at the top of the list and after that Equestria Daily, Bronibooru, Derpyhooves and wherever the web takes me. All sites have their benefits and flaws so I need most of them.
(break in interview - You want to know something horrific, this was the first time I'd heard of those two sites, guess what Derpyhooves does, it's a Pony news site!  I wanted to cry.)


9.Just a little about yourself. This is open ended so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-I’m just a normal guy from the Netherlands that likes ponies and drawing. I tend to switch hobbies a lot (music, sports, solving Rubik’s cubes, you name it) but I want to keep drawing and develop my skills in that area. Besides that I have to spend time studying (Mechanical Engineering at the University *feels like Twilight*) so I don’t spend enough time with my Wacom tablet in my opinion.

We here at Obsession is Magic support you and wish you continued success.

No comments:

Post a Comment