Oct 17, 2011

Egophiliac Hall of Pony



Drum roll please (drum noises here), today we induct Egophiliac!  All questions after the break.  Be warned though, extremes cuteness ahead.



1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
I discovered it when looking through the pony toys at Toys R Us (I've always been an MLP fan, ever since the G1 cartoon). I found the gift set, loved the art style, and immediately looked it up on YouTube when I got home. This was right after the first episode had aired, so I've been with the show pretty much since the beginning.



2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
Twilight Sparkle. I love books too, and I enjoy her as the One Sane Pony admist all the others. Plus, I just love smart, sarcastic characters.



3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anyone other than the main 6. ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
Celestia, followed closely (very closely!) by Luna. There's a lot to them that isn't explored in the show, and that makes them very interesting to me.



4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
Don't make me choose! I don't really go in for the Lunar Republic/Solar Empire stuff; I think Equestria needs both of them. I'm not sure if there's a fanname for that or not.
(break in interview- Luna was gone for 1,000 years....Equestria seems to get along fine without her, just saying.)



5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
About the fantastic writing. The show has a really great sense of humor, amazing characters, and excellent dialogue; the writing is really what makes it so much fun to watch.



6.What are your influences?
In general...Alphonse Mucha, Marc Davis, Glen Keane, and a lot of '20s-'50s glamor and pinup art -- though I don't know how well those influences show up, especially with ponies. For ponies, I think I get a lot from cartoons of the late '80s through early '00s, like Garfield and Friends, Tiny Toons, Powerpuff Girls, and so on. Specifically for ponies, there's something I really adore about how Sibsy (the storyboard artist) draws them, and I've been trying to incorporate that into my style (although it, uh, hasn't worked too well).



7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
"The point of life is to live it." Not sure who said it, but it's the best advice I've ever heard.



8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
Equestria Daily. Sorry! (Mm, hourly pony fix.)
(break in interview- Wow, just wow.  Don't even try to sugar coat it, just go right out and say the ED word.)


9.Just a little about yourself. This is open eneded so tell us anything you want to tell.
Now this is the story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside-down...
Basically, I think I'm funnier than I am.
(break in interview- Oh, I get it, you were just making a joke when you said Equestria Daily was you favorite, it all makes sense now! 'eye twitches, head jerks')

We here at Obsession Is Magic love your art Egophiliac and we hope you keep on keeping on!








No comments:

Post a Comment