Oct 24, 2011

Cartoonlion Hall of Pony



This week is Cartoonlion week!  Along with the DeviantArt Cartoonlion also has two Tumblers: Flutterdashpie (SFW) and Futaquestria (NSFW)  Like Megasweet, some of Cartoonlion's best work is NSFW, so I'd suggest going and checking that out for yourself.



1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
-Technically it was sometime around in late winter/early spring when I first heard about the series. I had never seen or associated myself with their older cartoons and toys before in my life. I only played with real horse figurines and books, you see. My first reaction was actually to try and avoid it because I didn't want to be part of what seemed like a "fad" at the time. Then sometime in May, somehow, I was feeling bit down and bored. Also, at the time, the MLP attention seemed to have grown to a point that I couldn't ignore it anymore so I was like "Aw, why the hell not?" So I searched for the episodes and, well, I think you know the rest. The first few were good but it was the 5th one that really did me in and I just came officially into the fandom around the time "Party of One" aired. So yeah, I'm a latecomer but I've still been enjoying the series and drawing for it since then in the past few months.
(break in interview- I just wanted to point out that "Griffon the Brush-Off" was in fact the episode the "converting" episode.  That's a very unusual choice.)



2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
-Fluttershy, hands down. I will be honest with you though, I actually didn't like her very much around the first showing. But then I watched Dragonshy where Shy showed to have a spine and my respect for her grew a lot. She kept getting better and even bit more developed as the episodes went on so I started getting even more fond of her. And now she's my top favorite character. She's such a favorite that I even had to break her up into forms that I like involving her which would be normal shy, Fillyshy, FlutterBitch, and of course, my takes on her - Chubbyshy and the infamous Futashy. Besides Fluttershy, I'd have to say that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie come close in my favorites. Dash's just so bold and bit arrogant that's it's funny but she's still loyal to her friends and Pinkie Pie is a funny character but actually has her good serious moments which I enjoy.



3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anyone other than the main 6.  ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
-I don't know if Gilda classifies as a "background pony" but she's my favorite regardless. After all, it was her episode that really made me into a genuine MLP fan. Yes she's a jerk character, but you know what, I love mean characters and she has great potential. I would love to see her return in season 2 if possible. I would personally love to see an episode where she makes up with the very ponies she hurt - Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. It would be great but it's okay if that's not the case, it still would be good to see her back.



4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
-I guess I'd follow both, the lunar revolution and stuff is complete nonsense. I like to think that while they may have their conflicting moments, they are still loving sisters, just being sisters doing what sisters do.



5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
-I'd recommend it to someone who's interested in cartoons, animation in general. You can either love it or hate it, it's okay as I know the show is not to everyone's taste. But still, it doesn't hurt to give it a try if you're curious!



6.What are your influences?
-Influences...oh boy, there's so many that has inspired me in my lifetime of drawing that I can't really write them all down. But I would have to say that Disney, comics and animation, artists of past and present, animals, and media in general can be a great inspiration to me. But as for what really shows...Some people have mentioned I have either an Archies' or Japan/Western animation mix of style to my work and I totally can see that sometimes, hahahah.



7.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
-You guys are cool, okay. Also I do tend to frequent Equestria Daily for updates on the show, I've got my own tumblr blogs for my artwork - both sfw and nsfw. (Yes, I do go down that dark path)! And fimchan for interacting with fellow artists/writers. And that's about it, I guess!
(break in interview - I get the feeling that wasn't a very sincere endorsement, but heck, I'll take what I can get.)



8.Just a little about yourself.  This is open eneded so you tell us anything you want to tell.
-Oh gosh, I'm not sure if there's really interesting that I could tell about myself that I haven't already mentioned. Uh, I guess you know that I love drawing very much and I'm a big fan of animation in general. I'm also a complete movie geek, I always love to watch movies I haven't checked out before - preferably films before 2000 cause those tend to be better than most movies these days. I like to think that I'm a friendly and a fairly sociable person but I really don't like big crowds, blargh. And...I think that's all I have to say for now. It was a pleasure answering the questions!

Cartoonlion, Obsession Is Magic wishes you the best of luck continuing your art, especially Futashy, I love Futashy!


 Oh that Futashy



No comments:

Post a Comment