Sep 19, 2011

PoorYorick Hall of Pony

We welcome PoorYorick or as he is also called YoorPorick.


Questions after break!




1.1.When/how did you discover MLP:FIM?
I discovered FiM way back in december, on some random board that I've been a member of. I decided to give it a shot, mostly because I remembered watching and liking the G1 cartoon as a little kid. Then I learned that ponies are big on 4chan's /co/ so I went to check that out. Didn't like it, but thanks to them I discovered Synchtube and Flockdraw. After having a lot of people telling me my flockdraw drawings were good, I decided to make a DA account, back in january.



2.Who is your favorite main cast character and why?
Fluttershy. At first she won me over with her sheer cuteness alone, but as the season went on I noticed that the writers decided to create sort of a story arc for her, focusing on her trying to learn how to be more assertive. I would argue, that after "The Stare Master" Fluttershy isn't so shy anymore, even in "Green isn't your color" she doesn't seem to act shy - more like annoyed with all the attention she's getting. But hey, I could talk about her for hours so I'll just stop here.



3.Who is your favorite background character( this is anyone other than the main 6.  ie not Twilight, Fluttershy...)?
TRIXIE. God damn that magnificent bitch, that blue devil. I simply adore her. Her voice, her color scheme, her overall design, her animation and facial expressions. And most importantly HER SMUGNESS. I want her to be back in season 2.



4.Who would you follow Celestia or Luna?
Seeing how one is a fairly well developed secondary character, and the other is basically a nobody - Celestia. I don't care for Luna's fanon.



5.What would you tell someone who hasn't watched the show?
That it's a good and enjoyable show, but it's not a 'second coming of Christ' for the cartoon industry (despite what some fans want people to believe).

(break in interview - I agree...Jesus ain't got nothing on My Little Pony!)


6.What are your influences?
I don't really have influences when it comes to pony art. Some people tell me they can see Don Bluth's style in some of my pictures. They often mention Disney too - but really, most of the time I just don't see it.



7.If you had one quote (from anything) that has really had an impact on you/ just a saying you really liked, what would it be?
Never thought about it.



8.What is the best pony site you know?(Hint Hint, remember your doing this thing for Obsession Is Magic, but I do encourage you to be truthful.)
Frankly, there is no pony site that I could say I really like: FiMchan would be okay, exept it moves SO SLOWLY it feels like there are only two people talking to each other. /co/ is 4chan so it's really self-explanatory. Ponychan has annoying word filters, Mods who are ban-happy and is filled with that whole 'love and tolerance' crap. EqD has become a plaything for Seth and his troupe, besides now that anonymous posting isn't allowed anymore, it has become a textbook example of a hugbox community, scared of any form of criticism, also I have a personal beef with Seth. There's the Ponygoons site too, but I find it extremly elitist and pretentious.

(break in interview - That means Obsession Is Magic wins by default right?  .....right?)


9.Just a little about yourself.  This is open eneded so you tell us anything you want to tell.
I may seem like a jerk at first, but I really am a nice fellow if you get to know me more. I am strongly opinionated and prone to outbursts of rage, however those are quickly extinguished by taking a short break from the fanbase. I dislike shipping (especially lesbian), don't really care for the most of the fanon (however there are some things I like). I don't read fanfiction. I am hyped as hell for Fighting is Magic (maining Fluttershy and Trixie).



10.What is the deal with your name?  I see it written two different ways and I'm never sure what to call you. My true name is, was, and will always be Poor Yorick. I used it when I first started drawing in Flockdraw. I use it in Synchtube. It's my trip on /co/, Fimchan and Ponychan. My livestream is AlasPoorYorick. Hell, even my Steam is Poor Yorick. Then why the hell my DA name is different? Because DA is stupid and for some reason didn't allow me to use Poor Yorick back when I decided to open my account. I tried at least 10 combinations. Nope. So I decided to switch first letters and it worked. Of course it confuses the hell out of people but it's too late to do anything. As to which name I prefer - people can use YoorPorick when tagging my art and when talking about me - i don't mind. However I prefer when people call me Yorick when talking to me, it just sounds better.

No comments:

Post a Comment